Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
..I'm sure if Everton were given the right signals we would bid, I assume we know exactly where we stand with Giroud.
The more worrying aspect this is that Giroud said he will wait until the end of the window ( presumably to see if he is getting game time ) before he decides on a move.

Quite simply we can't afford to wait for him to make up his mind.

The more worrying aspect this is that Giroud said he will wait until the end of the window ( presumably to see if he is getting game time ) before he decides on a move.

Quite simply we can't afford to wait for him to make up his mind.

...the signs are that he will see out this season at Arsenal and a few rumours have indicated this is now the case. I suppose something would have to happen at Arsenal in the next few weeks to see a U-turn.

You don't believe the signings of Pickford, Keane, Klaasen, Sandro and Onyekuru are not steps forward The signing of Sigurdsson is not a step forward(when it happens) ?

I am not sure what proves we are moving forward ?
Keeping all our players ?, all clubs buy and sell players, even Barca. Lukaku has been talking about leaving Everton almost since he arrived and goodness knows what Barkley is thinking of.

There are different models for different clubs, Man City signed two right backs and paid 70m for them.
Spurs have probably the most talented team and did so with some very shrewd buying.

There are not unlimited funds available to RK, we will not suddenly jump from seventh to champions , but it is all about progress and the signings of the players listed above would have us in the seventh heaven a few short years ago.
The signings are no different than during the Moyes days and less than during Martinez. Since Martinez's first season transfers have probably gone up by 150% at least.

That makes a 30m player a 12m player. Essentially we have bought a load of James McCarthy standard players and haven't yet reached a Fellaini standard player who would probably be worth closer to 50m today. Lukaku at the price we paid then would be worth around 70m today which is why when people say we were rinsed (at 95m) they are absolutely right because we have effectively only made a profit of 25m. I thought Rom was worth 70m before the market went crazy - Utd have robbed us blind as are Spurs going to do so as well

I hate to say it but this, the loss of money in squad due to bad transfer dealings and the reluctance of Moshiri or Kenwright to invest in the squad means we will probably have a few barren years compared to the relative optimism (good squad just poorly managed) of the past few years. We just won't be able to cope with losing that value from the squad and with a lot of our bigger players also getting older or retiring it's not looking great.

The only thing that can change is that if we unearth another youth star from our academy and while there are some who are no doubt decent premiership players I have yet to see any that come up to the level of Barkley never mind Rooney.

Unfortunately buying kids isn't really an option now either because they all want a path to the big clubs that allows them to stay in a winning team that is in the champions league, Ajax etc to Monaco etc to Barca etc. Sorry Zat. As much as I like Dolberg too he's probably ungettable as was Tielemans.

We along with all the other premiership clubs below the top 6 are basically paying for overpriced mercenaries scrambling around hoping to get lucky.

We should just keep Barkley - he might sign a better deal with a buyout clause and if he doesn't then we should stick him with the kids and ruin his chance of going to the world cup. I know that's blackmail and not nice but he has taken us all for a ride. He only signed a 4 year deal to do this exactly and considering the amount of money and time we put in persevering through all his rubbish performances over the last few years he owes us far more. Lukaku and Stones I wished the best. We got good money for them but this whole Barkley situation angers me.

Enjoy the season lads. Let's hope for a miracle and us winning the Europa. For the foreseeable that is our best chance of literally breaking out of the position we are in.

Adversus out.

...the signs are that he will see out this season at Arsenal and a few rumours have indicated this is now the case. I suppose something would have to happen at Arsenal in the next few weeks to see a U-turn.
They've got too many strikers, though. SOMEONE isn't going to play. Welbeck, Giroud, Sanchez, etc.

Is it true we are now after the failed Blackburn striker Kallnic?

May as well give up. You did well to find him Walsh must have taken you months to scout that

EuvgRUr.gif

I remember the lukaku deadline day west brom saga so there is hope but that would be leaving it late

...perhaps Giroud is content with being a bit part player. Living in London and playing for a club like Arsenal might be something he doesn't want to give up at this stage.
I think you've hit the nail on the head there mate. Giroud strikes me as the type of player that would love living in London. He has been a bit part player the last couple of seasons and this hasn't hindered him in being selected for the national side. We cannot leave this so late in the window in hoping he changes his mind, we should have given him an ultimatum, if you don't sign by a certain date, we will move for other targets.

I wouldn't say 12 goals is that good in a league as pants as that.

He plays for Torino don't forget...they played a very negative style and he was still young...

Why would Dolberg or Belotti come to Everton though, @Zatara? Do you not think it's a little unrealistic?

Money and to show the big clubs who they are and what they can do

Would be nice. Guess Gibson is the obvious one to go for and if we wanted him we'd have to move before Southampton do to replace VVD. That or some random foreigner that half the people will never have seen before but will say he is boss or useless just because of the club and fee involved.

If we had the money why not sign both...instead of Sigurdsson...we have a budget of some kind for one defender...

I like him but for some reason reminds me of James Beattie. Make of that what you will

Is it the rooster impression...think hes a coward lol

Ben Gibson would go straight into our first XI, either as a partner for Keane, or the LCB in a three. Gibson is practically a left sided Keane, just a little less physical.

Is Gibson that good or was it boro's system?

Leandro Rodriguez finally sold (well free) lol

Can't believe Martinez chose him over Gaston Pereiro.

Wheres he gone?

To take it to an extreme, Gibson-VVD-Keane would be incredibly solid. Not sure we're genuinely in for either though unfortunately.

Id do that and not sign a forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.