Is anyone else worried

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just my (conspiracy) theory, but I don't expect any more stellar signings (i.e. the likes of Sigurdsson, Giroud or Benteke), until we sell Barkley.

Lukaku, Cleverley, McGeady and Deulofeu have paid for the first incoming tranche.

Exciting as it is, don't be fooled into thinking we've got money to burn just yet...

Barkley won't be sold til near enough Deadline day were Spurs will Levy us and snag him for about £20-25 million on the cheap.

We'll announce Siggurdsson probably in the next week or 2 for £45 million rising to £50 million with add ons I would imagine.

What is that?

That was a table of the first 9 or so league games since New Years Day. It showed in that time we had scored the most goals out of anyone in that time.

While I don't think Koeman is ever going to get us playing the best attacking football in the league, I think your comment where you said he hasn't demonstrated a capacity to put together an attacking unit is overly harsh and those figures back me up.

Just my (conspiracy) theory, but I don't expect any more stellar signings (i.e. the likes of Sigurdsson, Giroud or Benteke), until we sell Barkley.

Lukaku, Cleverley, McGeady and Deulofeu have paid for the first incoming tranche.

Exciting as it is, don't be fooled into thinking we've got money to burn just yet...
*Flagged

That was a table of the first 9 or so league games since New Years Day. It showed in that time we had scored the most goals out of anyone in that time.

While I don't think Koeman is ever going to get us playing the best attacking football in the league, I think your comment where you said he hasn't demonstrated a capacity to put together an attacking unit is overly harsh and those figures back me up.
Lukaku scored 9 out of the 21 goals scored.

HE was the unit.

Is anyone else worried about are lack of strikers at the club who can put the ball in the net?

My concern is the the board, koeman every man and his dog knew Lukaku was leaving and we have not replaced him, with a proven forward.

I know people are going to say Sandro... he has not proven yet, plus he is the only one.

Surely they would have lined someone up?
Blimey.. Worry when the window closes! Sake, we've signed like 6 players already ffs!!!

In fairness to the OP their post wasn't exactly moaning or freaking out. It was a fairly basic common sense point, whether you share the sentiment or not. Nothing @davek has come in and said has been overly hysterical either.

So why all the 'bedwetting' comments?

I think theres a positivity clique forming and they ain't gonna let people ruin their Everton back in the bigtime buzz without a fight.

Announce yourselves guys. Let's draw the lines here. Just like good old days of the plotters and the cult.

Are you Bedwetter, Positivity Clique or part of the sacred and wise Fencesitters Sect like this humble poster?

In fairness to the OP their post wasn't exactly moaning or freaking out. It was a fairly basic common sense point, whether you share the sentiment or not. Nothing @davek has come in and said has been overly hysterical either.

So why all the 'bedwetting' comments?

I think theres a positivity clique forming and they ain't gonna let people ruin their Everton back in the bigtime buzz without a fight.

Announce yourselves guys. Let's draw the lines here. Just like good old days of the plotters and the cult.

Are you Bedwetter, Positivity Clique or part of the sacred and wise Fencesitters Sect like this humble poster?
Not a Bedwetter.

Thats's me.

Positivity Clique it is then Ian.

That's got the ball rolling.
It doesn't have to be so black and white. You can make it that way if you want. Not me though, 6 weeks left 42 days to improve an already improved squad, no big deal. Keep idolising though.

Plenty of time yet and if Giroud didn't need time to think then he would probably be here now. We have Sandro, Rooney and Klaasan and in Koemans owns words 'we need productivity'.
Koemans plan is not to rely on one man but spread the goals around. If our main striker (whoever that may be) can chip in with about 15 goals and the midfielders chip in with a handful we will have covered last seasons number. He will be looking at not over relying on the main striker so if he has an off game or cannot get the better of the defenders then we will have several more options unlike last season. IMO if we get Giroud then we will have more players capable of scoring though none of them will surpass Lukakus goals individually we will collectively. We will be coming at all angles. Loads of time to sort it.

Status
Not open for further replies.