Is anyone else worried

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we’re going to see a very different style of play , upfront, this year. I think they’ll interchange quite a bit a not really play with a designated forward.

I'm actually more concerned with the centre back situation to be honest. People can reel off all the crap options that are currently at the club (including Besic as a CB *shudders*) but in reality, they are all still crap apart from Keane. A 35 year old Jagielka should most definitely not be going into the season as a realistic starter.

First point probably true but you need different types of forwards to change games, look at the RS they struggle to break teams down if their plan A doesn't work against packed defences.

Second point, agree CF and another CB are more important than Sig for me.

Last edited:
I'm actually more concerned with the centre back situation to be honest. People can reel off all the crap options that are currently at the club (including Besic as a CB *shudders*) but in reality, they are all still crap apart from Keane. A 35 year old Jagielka should most definitely not be going into the season as a realistic starter.

Another top drawer CB would change my entire outlook on the team. It is a huge priority imo.

IMG_1686.JPG

Our current front four:

Lookman Rooney Klassen Sandro with Mirallas & DCL rotating

The RS:

Mane Coutinho Salah Sturridge with the Lama & White Teeth knocking about

I'm sure RK is still all over this. We've a bit of work to do - they finished 4th.

We desperately need another CB, wide forward and CF. It's glaringly obvious.

I wouldn't write stockpiling as much as replaced or focused on.

As in, "I bought a house and found out there were termites, so I had to rip out the walls and replace a lot of the framing. Do you want any of these old studs? Soon I'll put up new sheetrock and paint."
...the signing of Gueye and Schneiderlin and Davies' emergence was enough. No need to get Klaassen in for one.

Not worried in the slightest. Sandro's got this.

I hope you are right, I really do

Lots of reliant on a young player, Spanish strikers bar Torres generally struggle to adapt to the prem, soldado, negrado, aspas.

I would feel more comfortable with another striker as Rooney should not be our main option . I hope I am wrong but..... Time will tell

The transfer window might have 6 weeks to go, but our season starts next Thursday, then Stoke in 3 weeks time.

The Man U interest was known to Rom before Koeman had even taken charge. Lukaku openly spoke about that as the deal was finalised.

I don't think Koeman likes to play bluffing games with players so just expressed what had probably been fed to him in private. The whole Rooney chatter and how great it would be to have him here shows the wheels were in motion ages ago. Murky business football and it is difficult to have a real hero these days.
Doesn't make it right though.

Status
Not open for further replies.