Everton Youth Teams Thread

...I think England have only conceded an own goal and a penalty in the competition. It looks like the team is built on a solid defence and Tomori appears a colossus at this level. I've been most impressed with him since the first game (despite his og).
The penalty looked a bit dubious and the OG was totally freak.

Agree we have a strong defence but a lot if credit must go to Cook and Omanah in midfield ahead of them. Plus they have a great work ethic.

I doubt if we ever bid for Adarabioyo, he was just playing hardball with City making demands for huge pay increase or he would just let his contract run out. We could never match his pay demands for a 19 year old , City blinked first and he got his huge increase. He's now at 19 set up for life, good luck to him, but I reckon there's a fair chance he won't break into City's team and he could be stuck for years on a great contract which no one else will be able to match in a transfer bid.

He never signed the deal and its been widely reported that he will leave at the end of the month.

He never signed the deal and its been widely reported that he will leave at the end of the month.

http://www.mcfcwatch.com/2017/05/08/manchester-city-wonderkid-tosin-adarabioyo-signs-new-contract/

After it had appeared he would leave the club upon the expiration of his contract this summer, 19-year-old centre-back Tosin Adarabioyo has signed a new contract according to Sam Lee at Goal.

Talks had ground to a halt over a new deal for the teenager, who has made three appearances for Pep Guardiola’s side this season, with Everton, Celtic, Paris Saint-Germain and RB Leipzig all interested in snatching him.

But Goal reports that a breakthrough was made in the last couple of weeks and Tosin signed a new contract prior to Saturday’s game against Crystal Palace.

The highly-rated youngster will earn a basic salary of £25,000-a-week, which could rise to £45,000-a-week from 2018-19 if a number of clauses based around first-team appearances are reached.

This is very good news for the club, with Tosin seen as the latest poster boy of the academy, having been born in Manchester and reaching a level where he’s made a few first-team appearances. The hope now will be that he can become more of a presence in Pep Guardiola’s side next season.

http://www.mcfcwatch.com/2017/05/08/manchester-city-wonderkid-tosin-adarabioyo-signs-new-contract/

After it had appeared he would leave the club upon the expiration of his contract this summer, 19-year-old centre-back Tosin Adarabioyo has signed a new contract according to Sam Lee at Goal.

Talks had ground to a halt over a new deal for the teenager, who has made three appearances for Pep Guardiola’s side this season, with Everton, Celtic, Paris Saint-Germain and RB Leipzig all interested in snatching him.

But Goal reports that a breakthrough was made in the last couple of weeks and Tosin signed a new contract prior to Saturday’s game against Crystal Palace.

The highly-rated youngster will earn a basic salary of £25,000-a-week, which could rise to £45,000-a-week from 2018-19 if a number of clauses based around first-team appearances are reached.

This is very good news for the club, with Tosin seen as the latest poster boy of the academy, having been born in Manchester and reaching a level where he’s made a few first-team appearances. The hope now will be that he can become more of a presence in Pep Guardiola’s side next season.
But (the same site three weeks later):
http://www.mcfcwatch.com/2017/05/29...uit-the-club-despite-reports-of-new-contract/

Hmm cant find anything suggesting he has actually signed a contract.

Think he pretty much knows he isnt going to get a sniff of 1st team action in the near future, especially as it looks like Van Dijk/Hernandez will be added to the team shortly. Celtic were really interested and they could offer him 1st team football sooner.

Talking of France and young players, slipping in under the radar , Nathan Broadhead played for Wales U20s in their 0-0 draw with France in the normally prestigious Toulon Tournament . It was billed as an U20s game but obviously the likes of France and England have their best U20s elsewhere , England is really an U19s team and below. Broadhead got a few favourable mentions in the match report I read.
It's practically an U18 squad mate so up against players a year or two older than them, so to have qualified for the semis already is a decent job so far. There doesn't appear to be great quality in their group to be fair though, probably due to the other U21, U20 and U19 tournaments taking place this summer.

See Lavery has been offered a 1 year contract. I'm pleased with that as he was showing great promise season before last. I think we may see a bit more of him and Broadhead in the U23s next season. Still no word on Brewster though. If he isn't offered an extension I can only think something must have gone on behind the scenes with him, which is a shame.