Everton Youth Teams Thread

Sadly didn't catch the game yesterday as I was out for the day. But it sounds as though the Everton boys did well again, especially Lookman, who was starting to show his colours in the previous game against the hosts. I'm really loving his first touch, which frequently takes him past players or creates space for a shot. It's a special talent that you don't see very often. For those old enough to remember, George Best used to have it (and before anyone kicks off I'm not in any way comparing Lookman with Best) and more recently I've seen signs of it in Marcus Rashford too. I'm starting to get excited about the lad and if he can start to show some consistency we just may have another player on our hands.

Whilst I've been keeping up to date with the results I haven't been able to catch any of the games other than Englands. Has anyone else? Who are the teams to look out for?. I know France are probably the most fancied team but as we beat them twice in the last year I suspect they'll be as wary of us as we are of them. Anybody else shone?.

The season I watched John Terry and Jody Morris got offered professional contracts
So it must have been 18 yrs ago or so.

yeah i watched it well after that, think a couple of players made it to football league. Carl magney was the star, the best he's achieved in hartlepool, so yeah, doubt the rest did much.

Whilst I've been keeping up to date with the results I haven't been able to catch any of the games other than Englands. Has anyone else? Who are the teams to look out for?. I know France are probably the most fancied team but as we beat them twice in the last year I suspect they'll be as wary of us as we are of them. Anybody else shone?.
France are the only other team I've caught, looked very skilful and capable of scoring goals. IF England progresss I believe they could play France in the semi.

Talking of France and young players, slipping in under the radar , Nathan Broadhead played for Wales U20s in their 0-0 draw with France in the normally prestigious Toulon Tournament . It was billed as an U20s game but obviously the likes of France and England have their best U20s elsewhere , England is really an U19s team and below. Broadhead got a few favourable mentions in the match report I read.

France are the only other team I've caught, looked very skilful and capable of scoring goals. IF England progresss I believe they could play France in the semi.
France and Uruguay are the only teams we should fear IMO.
Italy beat France 2-1 today and play Zambia in the quarter finals. We play the winner if we get past Mexico in our quarter final next Monday.

Said before we had a couple of head to heads with them in Mexico last summer in the lead up to U19 euros and narrowly lost them both. They were both played at altitude and probably in quite extreme heat, and completely different conditions can be expected in Korea, but nevertheless I doubt it will be an easy game.

Italy knocked us out of the U19 euro semis last year 2-1. It was one of those "Everton that" games. England dominated but conceded 2 goals in 3 minutes in the first half (one a bad keeping error IIRC) and Italy just shut up shop afterwards. Still had more than enough good chances to win it though.

I wouldn't be surprised if the issue France had was that they had too easy an group, which they strolled through. As soon as they came up against decent opposition they found it difficult to step up a gear. Anyway it's good news for us that they're out.

Italy beat France 2-1 today and play Zambia in the quarter finals. We play the winner if we get past Mexico in our quarter final next Monday.

Said before we had a couple of head to heads with them in Mexico last summer in the lead up to U19 euros and narrowly lost them both. They were both played at altitude and probably in quite extreme heat, and completely different conditions can be expected in Korea, but nevertheless I doubt it will be an easy game.

Italy knocked us out of the U19 euro semis last year 2-1. It was one of those "Everton that" games. England dominated but conceded 2 goals in 3 minutes in the first half (one a bad keeping error IIRC) and Italy just shut up shop afterwards. Still had more than enough good chances to win it though.

I wouldn't be surprised if the issue France had was that they had too easy an group, which they strolled through. As soon as they came up against decent opposition they found it difficult to step up a gear. Anyway it's good news for us that they're out.

Surprised by that result although Italy are still decent. It was funny though, towards the end of France's 2nd group game the commentator said he wonders if they'll ring the changes for the dead rubber third game but sometimes that can kill a tournament off with no momentum. They changed the team around and now they're out.

Surprised by that result although Italy are still decent. It was funny though, towards the end of France's 2nd group game the commentator said he wonders if they'll ring the changes for the dead rubber third game but sometimes that can kill a tournament off with no momentum. They changed the team around and now they're out.
England have changed the team quite a bit but I think it's more tactical and giving the odd player a rest, rather than wholesale. However, I think the only two players to have started every game are Tomori and Kenny. Given the amount of time between games now I can't see him making any changes other than for injuries or tactical reasons.

England have changed the team quite a bit but I think it's more tactical and giving the odd player a rest, rather than wholesale. However, I think the only two players to have started every game are Tomori and Kenny. Given the amount of time between games now I can't see him making any changes other than for injuries or tactical reasons.

...I think England have only conceded an own goal and a penalty in the competition. It looks like the team is built on a solid defence and Tomori appears a colossus at this level. I've been most impressed with him since the first game (despite his og).