Everton Youth Teams Thread

It's practically an U18 squad mate so up against players a year or two older than them, so to have qualified for the semis already is a decent job so far. There doesn't appear to be great quality in their group to be fair though, probably due to the other U21, U20 and U19 tournaments taking place this summer.

See Lavery has been offered a 1 year contract. I'm pleased with that as he was showing great promise season before last. I think we may see a bit more of him and Broadhead in the U23s next season. Still no word on Brewster though. If he isn't offered an extension I can only think something must have gone on behind the scenes with him, which is a shame.

Donohue's contract is up as well I think. Guessing from his lack of game time and the posts from @RL_Fan_EFC_Blue, he might be off too.

Donohue's contract is up as well I think. Guessing from his lack of game time and the posts from @RL_Fan_EFC_Blue, he might be off too.
Yeah. I quite liked Donohue but he's just not got a look in last year. For me he was better than Nathan Holland who ended up at West Ham. Both similar players, tricky winger types. Maybe they just didn't fit in with Unsy's style of playing. I don't think there's been any news on Antonee Robinson either. His contract's due up this year too. He's a must to sign up imo. Really top drawer attacking full back that would be ideal as a LWB in a back 3 formation.

That's good, I said the other week he was worth a 1 year deal to see if he can progress , and he said he was injured at the end of the season hence his non appearances for u18. He seems to have lost some of the chubbyness from his face too.
I've started to lose track of who has been offered contracts, not many more from u18 to come I think, but players like Antonee Robinson , Gethin Jones and Russell Griffiths of the older players have shown something this season to be worth a further contract . A difficult decision as I think only Robinson would have a shot at featuring pre season in a first team squad.

It's practically an U18 squad mate so up against players a year or two older than them, so to have qualified for the semis already is a decent job so far. There doesn't appear to be great quality in their group to be fair though, probably due to the other U21, U20 and U19 tournaments taking place this summer.

See Lavery has been offered a 1 year contract. I'm pleased with that as he was showing great promise season before last. I think we may see a bit more of him and Broadhead in the U23s next season. Still no word on Brewster though. If he isn't offered an extension I can only think something must have gone on behind the scenes with him, which is a shame.
Brewster's been released. Think its to do with his constant injuries more than anything else

Havent heard that mate. A real shame. The lads a handful when fit. I had high hopes for him.

..I feared when he went on loan to lowly Stockport and Southport. Sad for the lad, the game can be cruel.

On a positive note, Shane Lavery has been given a 12month professional contract. I haven't seen him play but there are some brilliant posters on this thread who will have done;

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/s...-ireland-teen-signs-for-everton-35782141.html

I'll be rooting for an American win, 6-5 with every English goal coming from an Evertonian.
Looks like your hopes have been scuppered mate. Just as well really as you don't want any club v country dilemmas. :(

The other quarter today between Portugal and Uruguay looks like it's heading for penalties. 5 mins of extra time left.

Looks like your hopes have been scuppered mate. Just as well really as you don't want any club v country dilemmas. :(

The other quarter today between Portugal and Uruguay looks like it's heading for penalties. 5 mins of extra time left.
Uruguay through on pens so Venezuela and Uruguay make up first semi final.

...Venezuala's results have stood out for me, they must have a crop of youngsters at this age who are worth watching.
Not actually watched them Eggs. Only seen some of the England games. But their results have been impressive as you say.

Interesting thing about this tournament is that, USA/New Zealand aside, all the games in the knockout stages have been very close. I'm looking forward to the England game tomorrow. Hopefully it'll be on TV. Eurosport seem to be totally dedicated to the French Open at the moment.

England have just beaten Japan 2-1 in the Toulon tournament by the way, qualifying for the semi's on maximum points. So far our kids have been doing us proud in the various tournaments this summer. Under 17s missing out on their trophy due to a last second keeping error. What is effectively our U18s performing admirably in a U20 competition. And our U20s, fingers crossed, possibly on the verge of something special. Looking forward to watching the U19s who are highly fancied in their euros in July. Less so the U21s who I think may struggle again.

For the yooth watchers out there who are considered the dogs bollicks out of the school boys and first year scholars going into this season many thanks xxx

Yeh they've been impressive. Yangel Herrera the captain is on City's books and Peneranda (bleached hair) is a Watford player. Corova - may be the tournaments top scorer - has been impressive; never heard of him before this.
There was a Hispanic forward player who really impressed me when City beat our U23s in the televised game during the run in. Can't recall his name but he was small stature but very tricky. Was that this Herrera kid.