Poll: Wayne Rooney yes or no?

Wayne Rooney: Would you want him back at Everton this summer?

• Yes

Votes: 440 64.4%
  • No

Votes: 243 35.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gone with yes. Think he has a season in him.

Shame he isn't 16 now as we would have the money to keep him and could build a team around him.

how's he a traitor any more than any other of thousands of footballers that have ever left Everton football club???????????????

The club possibly, and could be argued, betrayed him far more than this kid could have betrayed anyone? Was it his duty, to provide Everton with league titles and cup wins, more than any other Evertonian on the planet, like yourself? give me a break

we were paupers back then and owed the bank millions and the club were happy to sell him to fund more transfers.

He was 18. we were crap. he was ambitious. all parties gained out of it. we got into the CL the next season.

you're hating on what was an 18-year old kid who left the club and made us £27m which at the time was a massive fee.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/3611234.stm

"The big fee will be a boost to Everton's finances and will help reduce debts estimated to be in the region of £30m."
Mealy mouthed excuses. He chose to appoint Stretford, he chose to jib our club. Our financial gain was incidental to his greed. Once a traitor always a traitor. Wouldn't trust him as far as I could spit.

Anyone who's of an opinion that he's a judas, etc etc, need to give their head a wobble.

We were skint & he had to be sold! Even if in the end he felt he'd win trophies there, you cannot blame him. He's won the lot!!

So selfish of him

Anyone who's of an opinion that he's a judas, etc etc, need to give their head a wobble.

We were skint & he had to be sold! Even if in the end he felt he'd win trophies there, you cannot blame him. He's won the lot!!

So selfish of him
Him being a traitor is not an opinion it's an incontrovertible fact. He chose to leave, we didn't choose to sell him, that's a myth constructed by his sycophants based on little or no evidential support. Whether he's too old or played out is opinion ,and I think his race is run as far as our league is concerned.

I don't understand this whole traitor thing, he hasn't sold state secrets or plotted to have the boss assassinated. He's a pro footballer with a career that is relatively short (injury permitting) and like most normal people he'd want to perform at the highest level and make as much money as possible. Quite how that translates to being a traitor is anyone's guess, but maybe those who hold that view could explain, but save me all the kissing the badge rubbish.

16 year old kid, shy and little life experience had had head turned by agents in his ear constantly, hardly a traitor. I'd rather have a season of Rooney than the king of indecision.

I kind've feel that Rooney has been disillusioned at United for a while and this has affected his form for the last couple of seasons. I'd like to think that coming back to Everton, playing under a manager that wants him and in the position he should be in, it might relight his passion for the game. Plus he will want to get back into the England team too. A few years ago he was one of the only England players that ever looked up for a game. If it happens I am hoping it'll be a good move for everyone involved.

Him being a traitor is not an opinion it's an incontrovertible fact. He chose to leave, we didn't choose to sell him, that's a myth constructed by his sycophants based on little or no evidential support. Whether he's too old or played out is opinion ,and I think his race is run as far as our league is concerned.
It's not healthy to bear grudges for 13 years over a perceived slight by a teenager.

'Traitor' is a pretty silly word.

Status
Not open for further replies.