Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Rooney had anything at all left to offer Mourinho would be squeezing it out of him.

You would think, But on the other side of that Mourinho has also been the one to cut his nose off to spite his face. He knows Rooney is not part of his future plans, while Rooney knows he needs to finish this season healthy and fit, so he can rejuvenate his career elsewhere. I expect to see a leaner younger looking Wayne next season at Finch ;)

You would think, But on the other side of that Mourinho has also been the one to cut his nose off to spite his face. He knows Rooney is not part of his future plans, while Rooney knows he needs to finish this season healthy and fit, so he can rejuvenate his career elsewhere. I expect to see a leaner younger looking Wayne next season at Finch ;)

You're probably gonna be disappointed. As I've said before, maybe Rooney could find something else but all the signs from the last couple of years say that won't be on the cards.

He was also effectively a finished fighter at 28, and lost to the only two genuine absolutely top level fighters he fought - and both by KO mate.

Then again most of the best British boxers have a habit of nowhere near maximising their potential for various reasons (lack of discipline, personal problems, losing desire etc), McGuigan, Hamed, Hatton, Honeyghan, Conteh all could have gone down as all time greats but ultimately are remembered as just decent fighters now

The problem with Hatton is he only learned to fight one way (up close brawling), and when he tried to learn a new way it was too late. Lost count of the amount of hooks he swung and missed against Mayweather. You could see them coming from a mile off. He bullied opponents with his one dimensional style...until he came up against the cream (yes he managed to bully and tire out Tsyzu, but Tsyzu was an old man). Hatton should have got rid of that coach of his years before facing May/PAC and developed new skills (avoiding shots, timing etc.). He was still very raw when he faced them two. The biggest wasted talent from these shores is Calzaghe. He had the skills to beat anyone, but he was protected for far too long.

Regards Rooney....his legs have gone. The PL is too quick now for a player of his ilk. Perhaps a move to a slower league (Italy) would work. Even a more technically gifted player cant get away with a lack of pace, for as great as Ibrahimovic has been individually I don't think he helps United's attack overall...they looked more dangerous against Chelsea with the two quick forwards up there.

I don't buy this "well if Rooney was still any good Jose would play his or get the best out of him".
Jose has never been this great man manager able to pull every last ounce out of all his players. He equally doesn't have the best eye for talent. Look at Rom, Mata and KDB, players he willingly let go despite their obvious ability.
Don't get me wrong, if Jose likes you and you're willing to follow his lead and trust him he can and will improve you but him not favouring a player doesn't mean he's a spent force or useless (just look at Schneiderlin). Mourinho would rather work with a yard dog that follows his orders to the letter than a talent who might go off script.

I don't buy this "well if Rooney was still any good Jose would play his or get the best out of him".
Jose has never been this great man manager able to pull every last ounce out of all his players. He equally doesn't have the best eye for talent. Look at Rom, Mata and KDB, players he willingly let go despite their obvious ability.
Don't get me wrong, if Jose likes you and you're willing to follow his lead and trust him he can and will improve you but him not favouring a player doesn't mean he's a spent force or useless (just look at Schneiderlin). Mourinho would rather work with a yard dog that follows his orders to the letter than a talent who might go off script.
His decline over the last 3 years has been noticeable and marked, the more so if you speak with match going United fans who witnessed the decline 'in the flesh' so to speak. He has also been dropped from the England set up now. This idea that his decline is fictional, or can be remedied by magical Goodison fairy dust, is just wishful thinking I'm afraid.

No mate, as I've said before he would have been dragged off at half time whilst @orly mentions his 300k a week.

I wonder just where we are headed if we 1. Lose Rom
2. Replace him with no legs Wayne

What are you on about here Bryan?

Ibra is done for rest of season / longer.
Do United have any obligation to pay him once deal is done ? Or can they just walk away ?
They may well need Wazza now to get them over the line.

Ibra is done for rest of season / longer.
Do United have any obligation to pay him once deal is done ? Or can they just walk away ?
They may well need Wazza now to get them over the line.

They have Rashford and martial tbf, both of these have the potential to be world classand should be playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.