Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone can see that if Lukaku plays well the team plays well and Lukaku plays well when he gets support. He got nothing today.

Today Miralles revealed himself to be not good enough for a top team and Barkley comes inside as he is a midfielder playing out of position.

Therefore no width no pace.
You've got to work to get the ball and hold it up or move into space to receive the ball to get support he did nothing to contribute to the game, absolutely nothing and mirallas may as well have been in the pub watching it.

You are right to strike a cautionary note. However it is also worth noting the previous manager inherited a team who had finished 6th. Koeman on the other hand inherited a team who had become firmly lodged in mid table , in that context I find his achievement the more satisfying.

I think more will be expected from Koeman's second season than from Martinez's if Koeman get's huge cash to spend.

You are right to strike a cautionary note. However it is also worth noting the previous manager inherited a team who had finished 6th. Koeman on the other hand inherited a team who had become firmly lodged in mid table , in that context I find his achievement the more satisfying.

I get what you're saying mate............but, RK has inherited the League's top scorer, signed a midfielder that has been a massive success in Gana, not to mention Morgan, to go alongside a talent like Ross. With a supreme talent like Davies pushing on. He also spent quite a few bob on Williams. I won't even mention Bolasie. In a weak League outside of the top 2 or 3. You telling me that our team is worse than Liverpools? Not to mention an ordinary Arsenal and Utd side. I think we should be higher than we're we currently are, you are easily pleased if you think Rons 'achievement' of finishing in the top 6 or 7 is more satisfying than Roberto putting in a challenge for top 4.

I get what you're saying mate............but, RK has inherited the League's top scorer, signed a midfielder that has been a massive success in Gana, not to mention Morgan, to go alongside a talent like Ross. With a supreme talent like Davies pushing on. He also spent quite a few bob on Williams. I won't even mention Bolasie. In a weak League outside of the top 2 or 3. You telling me that our team is worse than Liverpools? Not to mention an ordinary Arsenal and Utd side. I think we should be higher than we're we currently are, you are easily pleased if you think Rons 'achievement' of finishing in the top 6 or 7 is more satisfying than Roberto putting in a challenge for top 4.
I am satisfied that Koeman has taken a dysfunctional mid table side and propelled it up the table. At present there are 5 teams better than us and yes RS are one of them, your position in the table is the ultimate arbiter of how good you are.
It generally takes a manager the best part of a season to make a team 'his' . As long as the manager is fully backed financially I am looking forward to continued progress. I should also mention that getting back into Europe (hopefully) is also 'satisfying'.

Status
Not open for further replies.