Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
bit early to be blathering about eating humble pie. good first season. plenty of positives and a few negatives. lets see whats to come.

im the meantime I think there is room for criticism as well as praise for what we have seen so far.

Martinez' first season was, in the moment, pretty damn exciting but it all came to nothing and quickly went downhill.

Koeman, I am certain, wont be in charge of any major setbacks like that but the highest praise and talk of critics eating humble pie should be reserved for a manager that really brings us to a new level.
You are right to strike a cautionary note. However it is also worth noting the previous manager inherited a team who had finished 6th. Koeman on the other hand inherited a team who had become firmly lodged in mid table , in that context I find his achievement the more satisfying.

“I see differences in how I like to work with young players and how I like to give young players a chance maybe more than English managers. I know English football people say you have to look out for young players, that maybe they can play 15 or 20 games but not more. They are afraid."

Spot on big man.

He said: “Maybe in Southampton they can look how many players made their debuts in the first team when I was the manager – seven, eight, nine?

“But why they don’t play for the first team more regularly? Because they weren’t good enough.

“And now this season they played in Europe and the manager was using a lot of players to have rotations.

“Now they don’t play in Europe they play every weekend. Tell me which young player is now in the first team? Nobody. That is criticism but okay no problem.”

Absolutely love it when he rods Southampton haha.

You are right to strike a cautionary note. However it is also worth noting the previous manager inherited a team who had finished 6th. Koeman on the other hand inherited a team who had become firmly lodged in mid table , in that context I find his achievement the more satisfying.

the point was though, that one debut season was very exciting and led to NADA, this season is less exciting (even if in context an arguably better achievement) and I don't think it's the sort of season, nor Koeman the sort of manager...So far in his career, to make people go crazy and dismiss criticism like the original poster whoever it was.

This summer and first half of next season we will see if we are still the same old Everton we all love or if something better is coming.

Hahah on saints web they are arguing if puel---> Koeman. Koeman will likely smash our prem league era goals scored and finish around 63-72 points in with a chance of second highest haul. Lemme tell you Koeman-----> puel the moist and Martinez in one fell ginger sweep

Today has changed absolutely nothing. This season has well exceeded my expectations. Next season will be massive, we really have to kick on, recruit well and aim for top four and a cup run. I hope idiot's don't start calling for Koeman head (though I really wouldn't be surprised if they did). I think we all need a reality check with him, he's done a great job so far but don't give me laughable guff about the likes of Barcalona or even Arsenal coming in for him because he's done nothing to justify even being on their radar.

Everyone can see that if Lukaku plays well the team plays well and Lukaku plays well when he gets support. He got nothing today.

Today Miralles revealed himself to be not good enough for a top team and Barkley comes inside as he is a midfielder playing out of position.

Therefore no width no pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.