Ross Barkley and England

Is it best for Everton if Ross Barkley is selected for England

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is only one English midfielder who over the past 2 seasons has out performed Barkley and that is Dele Alli. Alli had a poor Euros but he has been excellent for Spurs throughout the past 2 seasons and I think if England had a better manager he'd have seen the talent that him and Barkley have and would build the team around them.

Ignoring Alli, then Barkley is by far the next best English performer in midfield especially when considering goals and assists combined. Only Lallana comes close to Barkley for that, and I do think with the ability on the ball he has, despite not being as talented as Alli and Barkley, Lallana could also work well in midfield with both of them. But unfortunately Southgate looks like he's a manager in the exact same mould as the previous failure Roy Hodgson, and will go for players from the popular clubs who get raved about in the media. So Oxlade Chamberlain and Walcott get picked ahead of him, Captain Fantastic Jordan Henderson and even Nathan Redmond/James Ward Prowse.

Really is a shame for Ross, and for the nations chances, but this is why England will never amount to anything with this manager.

Any accusation that Barkley is being hindered due to playing for Everton is completely laughable given the goals and assists he has got in the past 2 seasons, especially compared with the midfielders who are constantly getting picked ahead of him whilst most of them play for better sides.

Some of them have mate!
Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal and the rest but, apparently not good enough for England!

Only until he plays for one of those, then he is good enough

Whether we agree with England's choices or not, if he wants to play more for them he needs to go elsewhere. Let's just hope Everton is more important to him

might be just me but Ali has been crap in an England shirt

Put in very good performances against France and Germany last year and was also the best player during the most recent match against Germany.

When i think of players who are always crap for England he's not one that springs to mind.

Whether we agree with England's choices or not, if he wants to play more for them he needs to go elsewhere. Let's just hope Everton is more important to him

Let's hope so! Being honest, I don't think players that have left us, in recent years, did so to get England call ups and with the impetus around the club, here's hoping that's still the same and they see a club progressing.

For all the talk of Alli being the best midfielder his best form at Spurs comes when he is almost as far forward as Kane. Plenty of room for him and Barkley and England played very well against Germany last March with both of them

Alli's first touch all game was horrendous. Why England didn't play alli box to box and Ross in attacking mid just doesn't make sense. Absolutely no need to have dier playing today and alli should have been hauled off because his first touch was going further than his passing.
Alli should be playing in midfield and breaking from deep to get on the end of things. Barkley should be playing ahead of him as an advanced midfielder between the lines finding pockets of space.
Mentioned before the game that I hoped Ross is more mentally strong now. He should take some solace that one of the best players of his generation believes in him and picks him week in and out despite having initial doubts and saw enough in him to pour more effort into him than even Lukaku because of how high his potential is.
I like that Ross has liked that tweet, it shows he is arsed. Koeman will help him channel that disappointment and make it as difficult as possible for Southgate to continue to not play him. Hopefully he shows in the derby he is better placed than lallana to be one of the three 10s that Hoddle and tyldesly seemed to want to continuously fapp one off about.

Did anyone spot 'The Ox' (An ox (plural oxen), also known as a bullock in Australia and India, is a bovine trained as a draft animal. Oxen are commonly castrated adult male cattle; castration makes the animals easier to control. Cows (adult females) or bulls (intact males) may also be used in some areas.) literally shank/hook/pull sideways passes? He slapped his foot after one of them! Unbelievable, was laughing and then thought "oh dear".

Please explain how Jags and Baines were fixtures in the England defence until recently.

Is anyone really shocked? This is a nation that never capped Kendall, Harvey once, gave a natural talent like le Tissier 8 caps yet Carlton Palmer got 18, played Scholes left midfield, gave Danny Mills caps, plays Henderson, Livermore or AOC instead of a player that most countries would have their team built around. Absolutely shocking stat that he hasn't played 1 minute in 7 callups.

Until the FA is completely changed and the archaic way they run things revolutionised, this will always be the way. Look at the coaches they choose, in the main they are either dinosaurs of the game or coaches that have come through the FA system (yes men).

Status
Not open for further replies.