Top Four Possibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally think 5th would be an achievement. If we were somehow able to get 4th, I think that would be a miracle.

By the way, if ANY of you, in your looking at the rest of the games, have us beating Liverpool at Anfield, I'd have thought you'd have learned by now.

Providing we don't get any injuries I really do think we'll take them at Anfield. We were more than a match for them in the first half at Goodison when they were bang in form until Mccarthy went off.

Now imagine Schneiderlein, Gueye and Davies in the midfield pressing instead of Barry I think we would do them personally. Knowing our luck we'll have the usual injury list as big as Distins plod just as we face them.

Nah we won't get top 4 sadly. Stupid results against poor sides like Swansea, Palace at home and Watford, Burnley and Bournemouth away have left us with too much to do i think

Providing we don't get any injuries I really do think we'll take them at Anfield. We were more than a match for them in the first half at Goodison when they were bang in form until Mccarthy went off.

Now imagine Schneiderlein, Gueye and Davies in the midfield pressing instead of Barry I think we would do them personally. Knowing our look we'll have the usual injury list as big as Distins plod just as we face them.

Just change the names you've listed above and I've seen that post on here quite a bit over the past ten years.

The fact is that Everton bottle it against Liverpool...no matter how good we are or how poor they are. No matter how great our form is how poor there's is. If they have a bunch of injuries and we don't.

It doesn't matter. They'll turn us over.

I personally think 5th would be an achievement. If we were somehow able to get 4th, I think that would be a miracle.

By the way, if ANY of you, in your looking at the rest of the games, have us beating Liverpool at Anfield, I'd have thought you'd have learned by now.

I fancy us to beat them at Anfield. Yes I know, I'm probably nuts and it may come back to haunt me but if we can't do it under Koeman (who is not a choker) I don't know who we could do it under (except maybe Royle/Unsworth/Sheedy...)

Last edited:

I have us beating Liverpool at Anfield every season (apart from last season when it was nailed on we'd get beat)!

Just change the names you've listed above and I've seen that post on here quite a bit over the past ten years.

The fact is that Everton bottle it against Liverpool...no matter how good we are or how poor they are. No matter how great our form is how poor there's is. If they have a bunch of injuries and we don't.

It doesn't matter. They'll turn us over.

I've been to most of our derbies so I know more than most how we never turn up mate but I don't know just got a funny feeling Koeman will get our first good result at the pit in his first attempt.

7 points off the pace and inferior goal difference, but Arsenal and the RS look to be in freefall mode. The way we are playing, picking up 8 points over 14 games? I'm not saying it's probable, but shouldn't we be setting our sights that high and not just saying "top 6".

There's not a match on our remaining fixture list we can't reasonably go into saying we can win. We won't win them all. Tottenham, RS, and Man U away will challenge us, but I say we can do it.

What say you?

7 points off the pace and inferior goal difference, but Arsenal and the RS look to be in freefall mode. The way we are playing, picking up 8 points over 14 games? I'm not saying it's probable, but shouldn't we be setting our sights that high and not just saying "top 6".

There's not a match on our remaining fixture list we can't reasonably go into saying we can win. We won't win them all. Tottenham, RS, and Man U away will challenge us, but I say we can do it.

What say you?

I say

@ijjysmith

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/top-four-is-it-on.94444/

What say you?
I understand the sentiment but even if we caught Arsenal and Liverpool (the imploding sides) we'd still have to worry about Utd who are in a great run of forms themselves. Not being negative as i think we can move up to 5th/6th, just think that torrid run we had earlier ruined any chance at 4th this season

Status
Not open for further replies.