Votes: 13 6.9%
  • Shake it all about

Votes: 39 20.6%
  • Koeman IN

Votes: 77 40.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
you made 1/2 a dozen posts of nonsense in the thread to add to it.

it's not nonsense at all.

You are being mocked by others for the thread too. It is clearly all imaginary stuff about Unsworth as you don't have any idea how he would react in the position as the manager as you have no evidence to suggest anything.

As I said, you have created your own thread to have another pop at Koeman. Just admit it like a man and we can all move on. lol

Neville was one of the best 2-3 right backs in the game for 10 years or so IMO mate, hated the bloke when he was playing but an absolutely fantastic player, in total they prodccued one of the top 2-3 players for a decade or soin the world at rb, lw, and cm and a very good player in Beckham who was arguably the best set piece taker in the game as well.

Basically they hit the gold mine - producing 4 players for there position close to the quality of Rooney all at the same time - pretty much outside of the great Ajax teams unheard of in football - but Man U had the finances to ensure they allstayed together unlike the Dutch teams.

If two of out current 17-21 yo's make it to play for Everton long term in the first team i'd be bouncing, talk about 5-6 of them is just pie in the sky
Especially if we do progress over the next couple of years. Look at Chelsea. Over the last 3/4 years, and it's continuing today, they've had a conveyor belt of top talent coming through their youth systems, but the last player to break through was probably John Terry. So you have to accept that there will be very limited opportunity for the lads at Everton and 2/3 would be an achievement.

The hard part is identifying which have the best chance as there's such a large group of them with realistic aspirations. A couple of years ago I'd have put my money on Ledson and before that George Green, but neither are even here now. Davies and Holgate seem to be in pole position at the moment but I've got my eye on Beni and Evans who are both a year or so younger. Feeney is also starting to pick up attention, getting some solid reviews and captaining England under 18s. Then there's the new goal machine Fraser Hornby who's shot into the scene from nowhere.

after it was clear Jose was for Man U i wanted Unsworth too...it made sense to at least give him a crack, and it'd be good for the game to have an English manager at a famous club and hopefully doing well.

Jose's not doing too brightly either but i think most of us who wanted him understood that what he needed was to step down a peg, and what we needed was someone with real pedigree.

Didn't work out, so the next best option was an Evertonian doing good work already.

Instead we went all-in for Koeman, who neither has the pedigree nor the blue blood.

At this stage, a derby win would do so much good for everyone. Ron has to go all-in himself to achieve that.

As Groucho says: if Holland came for Koeman and he left I'd have no problem with Unsworth getting a short contract to see how it goes.

He would have been a logical choice after Martinez, tbh, because he has spent the last three years honing that system at all levels of the club.

Would you say no to Pickford in goal?

i think of the positions listed we should go for 5 experienced players (over 25) and a couple u23s.

Need to bring through.the young players now ready for next season though.so they have more experience and can add value and competition.

Pickford No, and it showed at the weekend why. Good shot stopper but still lacks the positional sense of a top keeper. There's no way I'd have him as our number 1.

It's OK saying about young players but if they don't have the right attitude it's a pointless exercise. Quality is what's needed

it's not nonsense at all.

You are being mocked by others for the thread too. It is clearly all imaginary stuff about Unsworth as you don't have any idea how he would react in the position as the manager as you have no evidence to suggest anything.

As I said, you have created your own thread to have another pop at Koeman. Just admit it like a man and we can all move on. lol

Unsworth IN 16 votes
Koeman OUT 6 votes
Koeman IN 16 votes

Most people disagree with you.

How do you feel about the possibility of this next season...meaning, not how likely it is (koeman would never do it) but if the players could make it possible..

No 'real' formation and id even think of 3 at the back.

GK -- New / Stek / Robles
RB -- New / Kenny
RCB - New / Holgate
LCB - Williams / Galloway
LB - New / Connolly
DM - Gueye / Davies
CM - New / Barkley
LW - New / New
ACM - New / Dowell
RW - Bolasie / Deulofeu
CF - Lukaku / Lewin
Don't think there's much chance to be honest. Personally Zat, I think we have bigger priorities than the two full backs (I know you differ). New GK, CB, CM, Playmaker and Striker are my priorities. In my opinion we need those players in January but can't see it happening. If we lose Lukaku, which I think is likely come the summer, you can make that 2 strikers.

As regards 3 at the back, I'm not against this in principle and it's always good to have flexibility in your squad. but I don't want to see this formation again until the players have been properly schooled in training, as we were completely embarrassed against Chelsea. Having said that, I'm of the opinion that we also came up against a very good team at the very top of their game that day. I don't think enough credit has been attributed to Chelsea for that performance.

after it was clear Jose was for Man U i wanted Unsworth too...it made sense to at least give him a crack, and it'd be good for the game to have an English manager at a famous club and hopefully doing well.

Jose's not doing too brightly either but i think most of us who wanted him understood that what he needed was to step down a peg, and what we needed was someone with real pedigree.

Didn't work out, so the next best option was an Evertonian doing good work already.

Instead we went all-in for Koeman, who neither has the pedigree nor the blue blood.

At this stage, a derby win would do so much good for everyone. Ron has to go all-in himself to achieve that.

That Davek post you've quoted is hilarious. The same guy who was slating Kenwright for interviewing Stubbs three years ago is now in favour of appointing his academy successor to manage the club. Total about face which just shows he speaks whatever tosh suits his agenda.

As for Unsworth in general, who cares if it would be good for English football ? All that matters is what's good for Everton. We're a top 8 premier league side, appointing somebody with no management experience in such a competitive league would be a terrible decision. The fact that he's got 'blue blood' is not going to win games. We're not in a Disney film.

Moshiri wanted his own man in and Unsworth wouldn't have been a clean enough break with the past for him...and neither would he have been box office enough for him to boast to people from his world about employing as manager of 'his' club.

Pickford No, and it showed at the weekend why. Good shot stopper but still lacks the positional sense of a top keeper. There's no way I'd have him as our number 1.

It's OK saying about young players but if they don't have the right attitude it's a pointless exercise. Quality is what's needed

I would prefer to have players who can improve to be top notch like pickford rather than those who are just average.

That for.me is the only way to improve if we cant sign the best.

You've absolutely ruined my day

I somehow forgot Kone was still at the club.
Sorry mate.

There's some dross in there mixed with some quality who are sadly getting towards the end of their careers.

Makes you wonder how many of us not so very long ago thought this was the best squad we've had in decades. Maybe Martinez was actually a better coach than we are giving him credit forlol

I would prefer to have players who can improve to be top notch like pickford rather than those who are just average.

That for.me is the only way to improve if we cant sign the best.

I'd prefer buying someone who is already class rather than pining your hopes on potential. There's nothing to say he's going to be good, the world is full of players who were "class at 20"

Don't think there's much chance to be honest. Personally Zat, I think we have bigger priorities than the two full backs (I know you differ). New GK, CB, CM, Playmaker and Striker are my priorities. In my opinion we need those players in January but can't see it happening. If we lose Lukaku, which I think is likely come the summer, you can make that 2 strikers.

As regards 3 at the back, I'm not against this in principle and it's always good to have flexibility in your squad. but I don't want to see this formation again until the players have been properly schooled in training, as we were completely embarrassed against Chelsea. Having said that, I'm of the opinion that we also came up against a very good team at the very top of their game that day. I don't think enough credit has been attributed to Chelsea for that performance.

not many clubs would have a chance against chelsea at the moment...certainly not through mirroring their system with a weeks training on it ;)

I can see weaknesses all over the pitch, however i think we need to sort out the keeper and defence first and a new top midfielder...at least then we are solid at the back.

the forward players were fine last season to a point but we need quality at the back so we can get up the pitch without worrying about a leaky defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.