Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why should i give him a chance?

Not good enough just like Aiden McGeady,Alcaraz and Kone....i'm calling it.

2 years max with us before the wheels come off.
Come on mate, if we're crap at xmas I'd understand the early write-off of him, but before he's even properly announced is a bit much.

I'd understand if it was Steve Bruce being slated but I think he should be given a chance.

He's just got Southampton into Europe - shouldn't we judge him on his current form rather than what happened at the start of his career when he was cutting his teeth?

It's like holding you to account for a mistake you made on your first day at work when you've been there 10 years.

If this does happen, wait for all the Martinez lovers to start sticking knives into Koeman and Moshiri - some just can't wait !

Martinez has gone. Ita a clean slate when hiring a new manager based upon enormous wealth and supposed major plans for the club.

Personally i was expecting a top class manager such as FDB /Cocu or conparable...a winner.

I didnt want Emery either but would gladly take him now rather than koeman.

if kenwright had appointed koeman id be calling for his head

1-- look at how ajax and psv did in the year following winning the title with the best side in holland.

2-- look at Valencia,Benfica and AZ.

3-- look at how he did at feyenoord and southampton -- probably his best two clubs....kept them stable.

4-- look at what happens when he manages top players with big egos.

5-- look at his tactical ability.....

Then compare and contrast with many other managers.

248 people wanted koeman
305 wanted FDB
800+ wanted emery

For a billionaire investor hes had a shocker here.

You could put together a similarly unflattering list for most managers. Ranieri's would make you wonder why anyone would ever offer him a job again........

Aye perhaps, but that's the drawback of believing ITK info. Things change in football.

I think if you rely 100% on it, you set yourself up for disappointment.

While I'm sure Esk was correct in passing on what he knew, we don't know what went on in the actual talks do we?
Enough with the logic now fella :D

Anybody in my eyes is an upgrade on Bobby. Saints scored the same goals as us last season but had the 5th best defence. You never do well in the league letting in the number of goals we did. His team were fit and organised. I will be glad to see these basics being implemented whilst scoring the same number of goals. Also the goals were better spread as they had nobody as prolific as Rom. Onwards and upwards.

Come on mate, if we're crap at xmas I'd understand the early write-off of him, but before he's even properly announced is a bit much.

I'd understand if it was Steve Bruce being slated but I think he should be given a chance.

He's just got Southampton into Europe - shouldn't we judge him on his current form rather than what happened at the start of his career when he was cutting his teeth?

It's like holding you to account for a mistake you made on your first day at work when you've been there 10 years.

Fair enough BUT he took over favourites in holland, won the league then nosedived.

If we ignore his times at valencia,benfica and AZ and focus on feyenoord and aouthampton...

Hes kept them where they were before he joined and slightly improved them...for me, thats the standard requirement of any manager.

Other than pellegrini its probably the most unimaginative choice to make.

I'm presuming Everton, at some point, must seek the permission from Southampton to actually discuss this deal in person?

Or is that so 1970's?

The local Soton press are speculating that their Club are yet to be approached.

If there are legs in this story, you would think today is likely to be a busy day.

Is it not to be expected that he would be on a learning curve in is first posts? I'd rather he be crap early on in his career rather than here.

And I'm not sure Moshiri looks at online polls and says "yep, they're experts, better get whoever has the most votes online".

You don't like him, we get it.

I agree with this! Managers don't always hit the ground running. They need experience and he has gained that in the jobs he has had. My only worry is that he has had so many clubs so far, we are his 9th!

It's a bit like a boxer...when they lose a fight, people sometimes write them off. Good boxers learn from that defeat and history is littered with fighters who have taken their defeat on board, learnt from what they did wrong first time round and come back and corrected it. The same applies to football managers for me.

Martinez has gone. Ita a clean slate when hiring a new manager based upon enormous wealth and supposed major plans for the club.

Personally i was expecting a top class manager such as FDB /Cocu or conparable...a winner.

I didnt want Emery either but would gladly take him now rather than koeman.

if kenwright had appointed koeman id be calling for his head
Aaaaaand there it is. Final confirmation that you're on the wind up.

I'm presuming Everton, at some point, must seek the permission from Southampton to actually discuss this deal in person?

Or is that so 1970's?

The local Soton press are speculating that their Club are yet to be approached.

If there are legs in this story, you would think today is likely to be a busy day.

Vitor is still on.

Zat taking wuming to an all new level. Bravo...I trust a man who has been involved in football for years and has a clear idea of who he wants in charge for his team. Right from the start we were told it was koeman.

hail the mosh you non-believer

Now go and tell us about the 18 year old lad we've just signed and his potential on fifa

I think most are basing their opinions on Emery after he beat that lot to win their third Europa Cup. Well that's fine in contrast though, Koeman beat them in the league from 2-0 down(sound familiar!). And has relative success in the PL. You also could chuck in Emery's woeful away record last season... But hey that wouldn't wind up the rs! Get a grip lads!

Status
Not open for further replies.