Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we had a top DOF id prefer even unsworth or Howe.

That at least would be a positive move into the unknown rather than an average at best manager.

May as well have got allardyce.

So rather than someone who is "average", you'd take one of two people, who between them have 39 games of Premier League management experience?
Who have zero experience of handling big name international players.
Who as players have a grand total of one international cap between them.

I understand your points on Koeman but all you've done is picked at the negative points in his career and built them into an argument to make him look awful.
He's also won stuff, and he's just taken Southampton...SOUTHAMPTON....into Europe.
Every manager has up and downs in their career. For me Koeman has more ups, and he is most definitely in an "up" phase right now.

Where we are is at the dawn of a new era with a was of cash to spend. The club is going to change beyond recognition it seems. We need someone who won't be phased by that.

Howe and Unsworth - likeable as they are, are both far too green in management terms to be risked with this sort of project.

Has anyone considered it could be his agent feeding rubbish to get a better contract at Southampton? I know a few sources have said its done but their local paper have said we've made no approach which is strange...and he changed agent only a few weeks back. Someone is lying...

They're either bluffing or just lying lol it's looking more and more koeman now mate too many rumours just like Jose to United

When man city first became bankrolled with a lot more " billions" than we have, they got in Mark Hughes. That for all their riches, was what their profile as a club could get them at that time in their development. Don't forget they also had a ready built new ground. Then when their profile and league position got larger, they upgraded to Erickson, then onto Mancini. Progression it takes time, money and growth of your profile as a club. Believe me Koeman is a better start than Mark Hughes and if we can get in someone like Monchi......

i think ericksen came before hughes. totally agree with you though, would rather have koeman than hughes!!

How can you say he's not a top manager with all the constraints he had at Southampton with players being sold and not having the money back to spend. I think he's done a great job with what he had

So lets ignore his career and focus on the last 2 seasons.

Why do you think he hasnt had the money back to spend?

What top players has he convinced to stay there based upon his amazing managerial skills?

I don't know what all the hysteria is about. Ok Koeman is not my first choice but he is a big step up from Martinez. He has won trophies as a manger in 3 countries. We never had a chance of getting Mourinho as Utd had him signed up since he left Chelsea.

Another point is the money we will spend this summer. Let's say 100m plus sales. This is not going to get us Top 4. Utd Chelsea and city will spend probably 200m plus. The RS and Spurs probably about the same as us. That will put us if you want to go on money spent and squads about 6th at best.

Martinez has left the club in a mess. Our best players want to leave. Moral in the club is at rock bottom. Supporters arguing among each other and sacking a manager before he even starts.

Criteria for any new manager to me would have been as follows I think:

Build a good team atmosphere
Play good attacking football but not at the expense of defending
Able to spot good talent
Get the best out of his players
Proven to develope youth
Premiership Experience preferred
Proven ability to rebuild a team

Koeman ticks most of those boxes and as I said not my first or probably second choice. But will get 1000% support.

People also need to remember he is Moshiri first choice. It's his money too. So now get behind the team and stop bitching.

So rather than someone who is "average", you'd take one of two people, who between them have 39 games of Premier League management experience?
Who have zero experience of handling big name international players.
Who as players have a grand total of one international cap between them.

I understand your points on Koeman but all you've done is picked at the negative points in his career and built them into an argument to make him look awful.
He's also won stuff, and he's just taken Southampton...SOUTHAMPTON....into Europe.
Every manager has up and downs in their career. For me Koeman has more ups, and he is most definitely in an "up" phase right now.

Where we are is at the dawn of a new era with a was of cash to spend. The club is going to change beyond recognition it seems. We need someone who won't be phased by that.

Howe and Unsworth - likeable as they are, are both far too green in management terms to be risked with this sort of project.

I think it shows how bad koeman is when i would take a punt on those two over him.

Over his career what has he achieved?

After each dutch title he won in season one he then nosedived and got sacked.

I wont go over it again but google koeman valencia and see what he did to them also AZ....

Our current (longterm) form could indicate possible dangers ahead (look at villa and newcastle and their longterm results and table finishes)

New owner with vision and determination is everything we could have hoped for.

And now he has only smashed the opposition and taken what he wanted. Koeman has his trust. Koeman has the vital PL experience that is needed in this rebuilding process.

Future is bright. Cant wait.

Serious question. What opposition did we have in getting koeman?

Status
Not open for further replies.