Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was said last night, Liverpool saw their team play poorly in the Derby and didn't think it was good enough and promptly sacked their manager. We are actually going to keep going under ours after last night!

Believe the Goodison derby was followed by an international break. Made it easier to sack Brenda straight away.

If there wasn't a game at the weekend I don't think Bobby would have made it through the night in charge.

Weak manager weaker board ( moshri ) I can't comment on yet. To hire a manager who relegates a team alone is crazy. Ok first season aside was good. But to not won a game in how long? Not beat a side in the top 7 have a shambolic home record? - but most importantly results have been scandalous the players don't wanna know. But he's still manager because are board is weak and lack any ambition or backbone.

it will get worse mate if come tuesday morning we have a cup exit and a spanish manager still in charge without a word otherwise.

That will make the board look weak, they will be accepting poor football, whether they plan to sack him or not. How can the board sit there especially after last night and still think in any reasonable thinking, that this can turn around? John woods at least will be marching in the boardroom and telling them whats what, whether he is a voice they listen to is another thing.

Just imagine. If Moyes didn't 'rest' Gibson against Wigan in the QF in 2013 we wouldn't be in this position today.

We would be 9th not in the FA cup semi final, Lukaku would be the leagues top scorer with Chelsea and Barkley would still be out on loan!

It's an absolute joke mate, another thing that guts me, the footy I've watched with me Dad down the years... And I've NEVER had a celebratory drink with me arl fella after a trophy win! I've never been (Legal :D) drinking age! I really was a spoilt 80's child, I thought it would always be like that... How wrong was I :(
I had a celebratory shandy with my dad when we stayed up when I was about ten! It could've been far far worse of course, I do have a mate who supports Villa and a mate who supports West Ham so they've both seen relegations now but we're Everton ffs!

Believe the Goodison derby was followed by an international break. Made it easier to sack Brenda straight away.

If there wasn't a game at the weekend I don't think Bobby would have made it through the night in charge.
the break was neither here nor there tbh.

they knew it wasn't good enough, saw how bad it had got under rodgers and saw they had a window of oppertunity to get an actual top manager in before he was lured elsewhere. Because klopp is a top manager, he has a poor liverpool team playing well, with spirit.

granted we aren't exactly in that position and i don't expect a new manager to be hired before the seasons end anyway. But liverpool would not have sacked rodgers when they did if they didn't have klopp to try and grab there and then. granted they would have sacked him bt the timing for klopp was essential there.

I had a celebratory shandy with my dad when we stayed up when I was about ten! It could've been far far worse of course, I do have a mate who supports Villa and a mate who supports West Ham so they've both seen relegations now but we're Everton ffs!

It's a sad indictment of the last 20 odd years, that 2 of my happiest memories being an Evertonian are after the Wimbledon / Coventry games!

"We are behind the manager 100%" at least it would be something.

The reason there hasn't been a vote of confidence is because as a club we are in limbo. In my opinion and it's conjecture on my part, Moshiri is giving Bill his rope. He set this farce up, let him hang. To be honest it's embarrassing to see him with his arm over Moshiri's shoulders. Clawing, desperate.

If it was me, I'd say say every dog has it's day. And after May, move over...ya know the rest.

The scary thing is he is still employed by Everton after that display. Anyone worried about what sort of performance we are going to get at the weekend?

It cant get worse than last night !!!

Just hoping they swing the axe now as It can't get any worse than this. No manager is better than him now

The boards silence is deafening so i hope they are seriously thinking about sacking him this week

The toxicity towards Martinez is palpable. It feels almost perverse to be going into an FA Cup semi-final where we haven’t stood a better chance of winning a trophy in years, with such an atmosphere amongst our support. Despite the poor league campaign, I remain confident that Martinez can deliver the Cup. There is every chance that we will set a precedent by being the first club in the English top-flight (to my knowledge) to sack their manager in a trophy winning season. After waiting so long for some silverware, this thought saddens me, it really does.

Tommy Docherty was sacked by United weeks after lifting the F.A. Cup.

Dalglish was fetched to the States and fired in the close season after winning the League Cup.

Thing is though in comparison, those clubs have at least shown ambition during that time as well.

West ham as early as this year, getting a new manager in, backing him and saying 10th isnt good enough. Villa invested in the team (poorly) and at least had a go at getting somewhere.

We spent 11 years spending naff all and wondering why that glass ceiling was not breaking.

It doesn't matter who's in charge, we'll beat Manure and go on to win the Cup. The players may not want to play for Martinez but they damned sure want that Cup, as was evident against Chelsea
playing for transfers out maybe?
Unfortunately tactics and game management will be down to the manager of the day not teh 11 on the pitch

The scary thing is he is still employed by Everton after that display. Anyone worried about what sort of performance we are going to get at the weekend?

It cant get worse than last night !!!

Just hoping they swing the axe now as It can't get any worse than this. No manager is better than him now

The boards silence is deafening so i hope they are seriously thinking about sacking him this week

Actually, it can.
Untied might beat us as Wembley and then Bournemouth could win at GP - and no disrespect to Bournemouth, but that would be worse than last night.

The brave troops who attended last nights game should have walked out after the red card, marched across Stanley Park and banged on the doors at Goodison to demand his sacking. They would still have had time to get back for the final whistle boo fest.

Status
Not open for further replies.