Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What really, really gutted me about last night was hearing stories of :-

“My 7yr old son was in tears, doesn’t want to go to Wembley”
“My lad asked me would the ref finish the game early like they do for his kids team”
“5 year old son told me he doesn’t want to support Everton anymore”

Et al…

After a funeral last year, watching the Kiev away game My 20yr old nephew turned to me, his arl fella and my arl fella during the Kiev game, tears in his eyes… “Why did you make me support these!!” Half in jest I think… But twenty years of age, never seen a trophy…! Unbelievable!

Kopite behaviour.

My thoughts on last night.

First of all, pointed it out last night but as much as you want to blame the players, you can't hold too much against the team when they haven't got a clue what they are doing. No-one supported lukaku, the midfield do not work together because they have no clear instructions, the defence have zero organisation. This is all down to the manager's job, that what he is paid to do. If he fails to do it, then his job should be in question.

Martinez talked about emotion afterwards, then that is what the club should pick up on, emotion, pride. what pride is there to be when things are going worse and worse without even a mention of realising it isnt good enough? Even martinez's words last night did not apologise for the result, or the performance, or even reckonise the fans were let down by it. Is martinez is the voice for the club, and he cannot take humility for that then the club is in a sorry state of affairs.

The fans can see clearly what is going on, why can't the club? So many people saw a crushing defeat last night, far too many than should have been the case. I thought we were going defensive to make sure we got a point and save your arse, if we had then we probably would have succeeded in that. We played the same non tactics yet again and martinez wonders why it isnt working without having to be accountable for the results.

Why play the players we did? Why didn't we rest players yet again? We now have no defence for saturday. Granted the red was justified and unpredictable BUT why were there no defenders on the bench? Why risk stones if he was ill before the game? If jagielka isnt fit then what does martinez expect with stones his senior defender on saturday?

the club have to act now to get the fans onside because if we do this again in two days, and the club don't act then either, moshiri is going to be facing a massively uphill battle before his control over the club has even begun.

The humiliation at Anfield I can handle… We have been there before
The thought that of losing the semi I can handle…. We have been there before

“My lad asked me would the ref finish the game early like they do for his kids team”

Et al…

After a funeral last year, watching the Kiev away game My 20yr old nephew turned to me, his arl fella and my arl fella during the Kiev game, tears in his eyes… “Why did you make me support these!!” Half in jest I think… But twenty years of age, never seen a trophy…! Unbelievable!

It really, really shouldn’t be like this, it should be a joy supporting the Blues for the youngsters, although I was spoiled being a child in the 80’s!

Enough is enough. No more mediocrity. Lets get a manager in to make this club one you feel proud to support.

Those kids sound like kopites....

Gah someone beat me to it.

If he is still in charge by close of play today does anyone hold out any hope whatsoever for the cup semi-final. At this minute I think we'll be lucky to keep the score down to 4.
I'm sickened by what Martinez said about last night, he's embarrassed, worse teams than Liverpool have beaten us. He shouldn't be embarrassed, everyone seen this coming. It is time he realised that this is the team he created, he has put together, it is a bottom half team that is not capable of competing against the likes of average teams like Liverpool.
As for the players, there is no excuse for not playing to the best of your abilities, however I have some sympathy for their situation, they don't believe in what they are being asked to do and when they complain they are made look like little boys. Baines didn't deserve what Martinez done to him.
I see nothing good in his management style for a big club, the only place he is taking us is relegation. We have talked about getting rid of the dead wood, we shouldn't be too hasty, we might need them when our better players leave the Dinkins ship, albeit a phenomenal sinking ship.
NO please sack him this morning.
It doesn't matter who's in charge, we'll beat Manure and go on to win the Cup. The players may not want to play for Martinez but they damned sure want that Cup, as was evident against Chelsea

Some people just can't make a hard decision mate...

It really isn't that. I've been advocating his sacking for a long time, and I'll shed no tears when he is eventually sacked. I just think that with the end of the season being so near, why not wait until the end of the season? But I now realise that the reverse is also true, why keep him when the end of the season is so near? Sacking him now or at the end of the season will make little difference imo.

The toxicity towards Martinez is palpable. It feels almost perverse to be going into an FA Cup semi-final where we haven’t stood a better chance of winning a trophy in years, with such an atmosphere amongst our support. Despite the poor league campaign, I remain confident that Martinez can deliver the Cup. There is every chance that we will set a precedent by being the first club in the English top-flight (to my knowledge) to sack their manager in a trophy winning season. After waiting so long for some silverware, this thought saddens me, it really does.
In that case, sack him before the final. The players will do the job alone, I'm certain of that.

Well this doesn't sound good does it? A paragraph from an echo article:

"The speculation is that Roberto Martinez's position is safe regardless of what happens at Wembley, but that is without the sort of wholesale supporter revolt which defeat at the national stadium could trigger."

Who would be speculating such a thing?

Sounds like more Echo guff to me.

It really isn't that. I've been advocating his sacking for a long time, and I'll shed no tears when he is eventually sacked. I just think that with the end of the season being so near, why not wait until the end of the season? But I now realise that the reverse is also true, why keep him when the end of the season is so near? Sacking him now or at the end of the season will make little difference imo.

At least getting rid now would at least freshen the mood and the players might actually get some fight with the caretaker manager

It shows we have backbone. Ask any other ambitious club in world football.
Get him out of the club as soon as possible!

The humiliation at Anfield I can handle… We have been there before
The thought that of losing the semi I can handle…. We have been there before

Et al…

It really, really shouldn’t be like this, it should be a joy supporting the Blues for the youngsters, although I was spoiled being a child in the 80’s!

Enough is enough. No more mediocrity. Lets get a manager in to make this club one you feel proud to support.
I say that in jest to my dad all the time and I'm 27. I went to my first game in '96. Never seen us win a thing. I had it a lot worse than the young lads do now though overall but I don't think I ever had to witness anything so bad as that last night. That was worse than anything Smith or Moyes ever served up.

Status
Not open for further replies.