Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a concern for me that the club will not act. It may be knee jerk to sack him after last night but you can clearly see its just not going to improve. The biggest game of the season and that's where we are as a team? The funny thing is, the performances have been poor for a good while now, anyone good have beaten us and anyone poor we have hung on against.

All I want to see now is the club act, if it's not today then Sunday. Either way sack him and tell us you aren't happy either. Waiting until the end of the season would be insulting to fans who pay their hard earned money to watch this team.

It's only 8:00 in the morning in Liverpool. Give everyone time to get into their offices and have urgent conference calls and meetings and such.

The toxicity towards Martinez is palpable. It feels almost perverse to be going into an FA Cup semi-final where we haven’t stood a better chance of winning a trophy in years, with such an atmosphere amongst our support. Despite the poor league campaign, I remain confident that Martinez can deliver the Cup. There is every chance that we will set a precedent by being the first club in the English top-flight (to my knowledge) to sack their manager in a trophy winning season. After waiting so long for some silverware, this thought saddens me, it really does.

Can't believe the players are getting such an easy ride. Some of them have just stopped playing, maybe it's because they don't want to play for Martinez but at least have some pride.

Exactly this.

Lukaku showed up with a right face on him.

Stones. Looks uninterested.

They're getting off lightly to say the least

Its a concern for me that the club will not act. It may be knee jerk to sack him after last night but you can clearly see its just not going to improve. The biggest game of the season and that's where we are as a team? The funny thing is, the performances have been poor for a good while now, anyone good have beaten us and anyone poor we have hung on against.

All I want to see now is the club act, if it's not today then Sunday. Either way sack him and tell us you aren't happy either. Waiting until the end of the season would be insulting to fans who pay their hard earned money to watch this team.

It's not knee jerk mate, he has to be sacked now because it's the right thing to do for everyone concerned.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.