Match Thread Everton Vs Manchester City - Capital One Cup - Semi Final 1st Leg - Wednesday 6th January - 20:00 KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely my highlight of the night.

TGJ3cAt.png

That away goal will kill us I think... We know this is Everton and you can't have your heart broken without having some hope.... We now have our hope... And we will know what Everton will do next ...

Know what your saying Pete but his odd sloppy pass gets a pass from me because he's had to be very patient to be given a run out and to get 90 minutes under his belt will do the lad the world of good. It was a bonus that he carried on his fine cameo and put in such a shift tonight and really curbed his enthusiasm at vital times.

One of the tackles on Silva I think it was where he looked caned and done a strange lunge where he traveled through time to somehow wrap his foot around the ball was superb!

That tackle was superb.......

Know what your saying Pete but his odd sloppy pass gets a pass from me because he's had to be very patient to be given a run out and to get 90 minutes under his belt will do the lad the world of good. It was a bonus that he carried on his fine cameo and put in such a shift tonight and really curbed his enthusiasm at vital times.

One of the tackles on Silva I think it was where he looked caned and done a strange lunge where he traveled through time to somehow wrap his foot around the ball was superb!

Osman came on and played more sloppy passes than Besic, and tons of Besic's passes were positive, through ball attempts etc, so I'm not arsed if they don't come off, I'd rather he try them than add to the sideways club.

I find Besic frustrating, pieces of brilliance then a sloppy pass. I'm sure that game time will eliminate this though.....
Agreed, he impressed me again tonight with his skill and one or two tackles were just brilliant, hope he keeps it up cause we haven't half missed McCarthy!

This City team really aren't playing well right now, they're right there for the taking in the second leg as well.

The problem is that they're obviously drenched with quality that can turn it on for 20/30 minutes and put the tie beyond you. Overall we have to fancy our chances of going through now, the players have got to get their mentality right and believe it's well within our grasp.
Kompany loss makes them vulnerable at the back. We can score another 1 or 2 over there. But we can concede 4 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.