Set pieces..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MACCA75

Player Valuation: £70m
Are completely undermining our season. Both offensively and defensively.

Crosses into our box generally cause chaos (we let the opposition cross the ball all too easily actually), but we really need to work on defending corners in particular. I'd even be happy for Roberto to bring in a defensive coach to help work on them. The many individuals responsible for conceding goals in this manner need calling out a bit more tbh.

In an attacking sense, it's hugely detrimental having Ross or Del take them - especially those pathetically ineffectual 'outswingers'. Fortunately Baines is back. I'd also have Cleverley taking them from the left hand side of the pitch.

Such a massive issue for me, and I honestly think it's the sole difference from us being a top 4 team at the minute.

Personally I think Deulofue and more so Barkley are taking set pieces to keep them active and focused during the game, It seems it helps with their concentration and focus for such young and important players and I don't expect it to change regardless of others on the pitch.

The defending however is more of a concern. Obviously we're playing a combination of zonal and man marking but given the free headers we're letting go the mixtures not right. With Naismith benched we've got nobody in the team competing solely for the ball, Barkley and Kone all though both of decent size and ability lack the aggression and it needs a rethink now.

I'd rather see it simplified myself to man marking and the goalkeeper protecting his 6 yard box instead of this mix were they all seem lost between one and the other while the opposition have a free for all.

Hair cuts smerr cuts...get ya tatts out for da lids..

Picture this, Doug. A player with Garbutt's hair and Mo's tattoos. He can deliver a decent corner and make a full blooded slide challenge when he's been caught out of position for the 15th time in a match. He plays the false hope position, the alpha and omega in overrated.

Picture this, Doug. A player with Garbutt's hair and Mo's tattoos. He can deliver a decent corner and make a full blooded slide challenge when he's been caught out of position for the 15th time in a match. He plays the false hope position, the alpha and omega in overrated.

image.jpeg

Actually think Barkley's got a really good delivery, problem is it's inconsistent. Del's corners on Monday were beyond abysmal. Barkley's ball in when Wickham hit the bar and some of his corners against Bournemouth were really good.

Are completely undermining our season. Both offensively and defensively.

Crosses into our box generally cause chaos (we let the opposition cross the ball all too easily actually), but we really need to work on defending corners in particular. I'd even be happy for Roberto to bring in a defensive coach to help work on them. The many individuals responsible for conceding goals in this manner need calling out a bit more tbh.

In an attacking sense, it's hugely detrimental having Ross or Del take them - especially those pathetically ineffectual 'outswingers'. Fortunately Baines is back. I'd also have Cleverley taking them from the left hand side of the pitch.

Such a massive issue for me, and I honestly think it's the sole difference from us being a top 4 team at the minute.

Macca, Baines's corners have not been good this long time, not beating the first an as often as not.

I am not hopeful of an improvement now he is back.

Garbutt had been our best corner taker recently, on the few occasions he has been playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.