Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
As true as that is, we need a top class keeper mate. Why go below the best we could get? We're all getting oodles of cash in the summer.

How much is Martinez going to be allowed to spend though and how much of it is going to go on Elstone's new wine cellar?

Pantilimon is a decent keeper who, when he had a good defence to work with at Man City, did very well for himself

You forget that I work with a lot of Man City fans. They were geniunely sad to see him go when he left

How much is Martinez going to be allowed to spend though and how much of it is going to go on Elstone's new wine cellar?

Pantilimon is a decent keeper who, when he had a good defence to work with at Man City, did very well for himself

You forget that I work with a lot of Man City fans. They were geniunely sad to see him go when he left

I'm pretty adament that we could get a much better keeper. You forget/didn't know that my father in law is a City season ticket holder and say Cabbalero is better. That's the god awful Cabbalero.

Mate Pantilimon is just an average keeper, won't lose you that many points but won't earn you that many, got a lot of my brothers family who are S'land fans and they are hardly shouting from the rooftops about him like.

IF we are to capitalise on the squad we've put together we need a top keeper not just one who may be a little better than what we have, think the effect Martyn and Southall both had for us, get through this season with what we have and then go all out to get Butland from Stoke in the summer - hopefully we will have Europe and a nice cup win against them being mid table to try swing it towards us

I'm pretty adament that we could get a much better keeper. You forget/didn't know that my father in law is a City season ticket holder and say Cabbalero is better. That's the god awful Cabbalero.

As i just said mate, brothers family are all Sunderland season ticket holders and they just think Patilimon is average and prone to cock ups

All of those Keepers would be out of our price range mate

It would either be spending money on an average to good UK based player or taking a gamble on a foreign keeper and hoping he comes good

We're not getting a Begovic/Lloris/Forster level guy without spending a decent chunk of change first, and I'm pretty certain Martinez would rather spend that money elsewhere

For that reason, we need someone who is an improvement on Howard at a reasonable price or we need to look abroad and hope we get it right

I know quite a few Burnley fans, they all like Heaton, but would all raise their eyebrows and say "really", or words to that effect, if I said I'd like him at Everton. We probably do need to look abroad.

I know quite a few Burnley fans, they all like Heaton, but would all raise their eyebrows and say "really", or words to that effect, if I said I'd like him at Everton. We probably do need to look abroad.

Mate Butland is the obvious answer, he will definitely move from Stoke and it's up to us to try persuade him his future is here and to pay what we need to get him before Arsenal/City/Rs/United/Spurs have a need to go for him

As i just said mate, brothers family are all Sunderland season ticket holders and they just think Patilimon is average and prone to cock ups

To be fair to @Mikey_Fitzgerald it is hard to judge a keeper when the team is struggling.

They are either amazing (Russell Hoult got in the England squad FFS) as they are so busy, or they are god awful because they have little to no protection.

I'd like a German keeper (who isn't Stefan Wessels). Read on here (so may be toilet) that they're are some decent young ones over there.

Mate Butland is the obvious answer, he will definitely move from Stoke and it's up to us to try persuade him his future is here and to pay what we need to get him before Arsenal/City/Rs/United/Spurs have a need to go for him

Butland won't move anywhere in this January transfer window ( which is the theme of this thread )
Vault me if I'm wrong, though hopefully I'll have had chance to edit my posts and any replies if he does

To be fair to @Mikey_Fitzgerald it is hard to judge a keeper when the team is struggling.

They are either amazing (Russell Hoult got in the England squad FFS) as they are so busy, or they are god awful because they have little to no protection.

Think they just expect him to make a bad mistake a game that costs them mate, to me just sounds like we'd be getting a younger version of the current Howard we have

Butland is the obvious target and if he's at stoke in two seasons time i'd be shocked, pretty sure both Spurs and United have got him earmarked in case they lose their own keepers, who knows stoke may do what we did with chelsea but until we test them we won't know

Status
Not open for further replies.