Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the problem.

Goals win games but we've got no shortage of those. If we had a good keeper making saves he should be making, and the occasional save he has no right to make, many of our draws would become wins. It's the draws that let us down in the table. Martinez seems to want to strengthen every position but the goalkeeper.

He must either have unerring faith in Howard or he's afraid to dropping him in case he causes problems in the dressing room

Seeing what happened with Distin and now with Kev, I'm guessing it's the former rather than the latter

What can I say? Everyone is possible of having a blind spot now and then

although to this day i have no idea what O-G is.

My money it's an automated alert related to pie stock level
He must either have unerring faith in Howard or he's afraid to dropping him in case he causes problems in the dressing room

Seeing what happened with Distin and now with Kev, I'm guessing it's the former rather than the latter

What can I say? Everyone is possible of having a blind spot now and then
Or.... Tim is the best keeper we've got so he plays him.
Bobby may well have tried to get a new keeper in last summer but couldn't. Just because the likes Butland/Begivic moved elsewhere, doesn't mean we didn't try. It just means they didn't want to come here. After last season I couldn't really blame them for jibbing us off, we provided the keeper with little protection and then slagged him off when he let one in. This year it's different. We've got a more stable, solid looking defence with some talent in it. Hell, even Tim doesn't look bad half the time.

We looked as if we were on a downer last season, that's not attractive. This season we look better and should instil some confidence in a keeper that he won't just be hung out to dry.

People also forget that keeper wasn't a priority for us either. Final third and keeping hold of Stones and Ross were. Now we're are down to upgrading the keeper. Keepers don't tend to move in the Winter so unless it's something exceptional (Valdes on loan) we won't be signing one until the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.