Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fireworks mate.

can see it now, COMMENCING OPERATION GOODISON, hundreds of fireworks round the ground go off, the opposition stop to wonder whats going on, we go and score, simple.
Would probably have to look for bargains in Europe. Don't see many being sold after November

Would probably have to look for bargains in Europe. Don't see many being sold after November
Roberto is rubbing his hands at that lol

Seriously operation goodison needs to be spiced up in some way. If i was an away fan i'd be expecting some sort of action when they announce, it.

although to this day i have no idea what O-G is.

Won't this lad be a bit expensive then? It isn't like they can easily replace him (for more reasons that one) so it would surely take a huge bid to prize him away?
One thing is for sure - they will not just give him away like that. We're probably looking at bids of around 15-20 mil and I believe we can pull this one off if we negotiate the right way + sell Mirallas. It's still unlikely that he'll join us, but if he does, we will definitely have a real class player in the squad, hence why I said I was surprised to see him mentioned. His current release clause is on 20mil and has contract until 2017, so the best thing to do would be signing him in January or next summer transfer window, as Bilbao are trying to get him a new contract and release clause of 40mil which would indeed be too much for us.

Roberto is rubbing his hands at that lol

Seriously operation goodison needs to be spiced up in some way. If i was an away fan i'd be expecting some sort of action when they announce, it.

although to this day i have no idea what O-G is.
We scored twice during it once in the 80s. Huge cheer at Operation Goodison is now complete

Inaki Williams is the real deal IMHO. Would be mental if we get him. Amazing player.
If our interest was genuine we should've signed him in July, has recently been linked with Juventus, City and Barca. Apparently Spain are even doing everything they can to get him to play for the Spainish national team over Ghana.

There's also been reports he's going to sign a new contract with Bilbao very soon, we all know what Athletic Bilbao are like with their release clauses.

Unfortunately any slight hope would be just about gone which does suck because I agree that he's a class player. Sadly I think we've also missed the boat with Butland.

He's bang average. I'd rather wait and spend more on a keeper who's likely to be, more or less, on a par with the better quality parts of our squad.

All of those Keepers would be out of our price range mate

It would either be spending money on an average to good UK based player or taking a gamble on a foreign keeper and hoping he comes good

We're not getting a Begovic/Lloris/Forster level guy without spending a decent chunk of change first, and I'm pretty certain Martinez would rather spend that money elsewhere

For that reason, we need someone who is an improvement on Howard at a reasonable price or we need to look abroad and hope we get it right

All of those Keepers would be out of our price range mate

It would either be spending money on an average to good UK based player or taking a gamble on a foreign keeper and hoping he comes good

We're not getting a Begovic/Lloris/Forster level guy without spending a decent chunk of change first, and I'm pretty certain Martinez would rather spend that money elsewhere

For that reason, we need someone who is an improvement on Howard at a reasonable price or we need to look abroad and hope we get it right

That's the problem.

Goals win games but we've got no shortage of those. If we had a good keeper making saves he should be making, and the occasional save he has no right to make, many of our draws would become wins. It's the draws that let us down in the table. Martinez seems to want to strengthen every position but the goalkeeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.