Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The CL draw only became an issue after the private conversation Surkis had with player re an extension was disputed. It was a smokescreen to give Surkis a "reason" to stop the sale.

And Yarmolenko would not rock the boat.

Do feel we may go back in Jan - though I can see plenty of other richer clubs in for him if he impresses in CL. Ah well.

At least now i don't have to argue with fans over Yarmolenko.

"How many times have you seen him play before you say he's boss and we NEED him"
"HE SCORED AGAINST US LADDDD"
"So did Ricky Van Wolfswinkel and what?"
"He was AMAZINGGGG though"
"But it's 2 games, you don't watch that league, you've seen him twice. You're letting signing someone, anyone get in the way"
"HE SCORED AGAINST US!!! IT'S ON YOUTUBE!!!!"

Thats possibly the only thing i'm overly happy about with this transfer window, to do with our incomings. Happy with Lennon and Deulofeu coming in, but it's been an absolute joke. Ex players, current players and even the manager telling us we're bringing in positions that we can all see we need.

Nice long break between our next game now too FFS!

Then we are utterly incompetent then. You have 12 months (if you disregard January) to get a scouting network together to identify targets, and we've clearly done so with Funes Mori and Rodriguez, who scream extended scouting network if ever a few signings did.

So to then have the absolute number one priority position handled so badly as to not end up with anyone is just incompetent. I can take what you're saying and say it's a valid view, but even if that was the case, what you have described is incompetence.

The sword firmly falls on Martinez and he's more than aware of that, especially going public about the position. The only thing we can do now is how they progress

Im just relieved lamella stays at Spurs. Otherwise ??...very predictable window really, knew Lennon was coming aages ago...me and his eyebrow stylist are very close. I would love to know what Martinez was thinking though making it public that he had eyes on targets and then also told of the areas we are actively seeking to strengthen ??. Does he like answering awkward questions from fan groups ? Really odd to put all your eggs (that wernt laid) into a basket that wasnt actually weaved. Perplexing.

I would have taken Lamela on loan with the option to buy. Not because it makes any football sense to do so based on what he's done at Spurs, but because Spurs is footballing death for most young players and you don't know if he's just been squashed there and could do well at another club.

On a permanent straight off though, God no.

He was. There was loads of them even down to the last few hours.

Playmakers. Quintero, Bernard on loan. Wingers Cheryshev (15m)

All players that were in our price range. There was even two that wouldn't even have cost any money. He just didn't want one. He was happy with the squad.

Quintero is crap mate, thats why hes ended up at a middle road french side, Bernard is a hobbit, not sam but pippin, yanno skinny and short - would be a laughing stock of a failiure in the prem, cant even hack the physical ukraine league, as for cherysev - im betting you hadmt heard of him prior to the rs links, the lads had one decent year on loan to villareal and doesnt even want to leave spain - ps seen him a few times and he is a ten a penny spanish speed merchant.

Shaqiri is very fast over a short distance which is a big advantage in tight spaces. Mirallas is better when the game is more open or we play on the counter attack.

I agree he's not like Carzola, Silva, Mata but he is still useful when teams are defending deep and in numbers.

Plus 12m? He's a bloody good player at a good age for that price.

Of course, but I didn't lose sleep over it. And I think he's more of a "name" the Fifa kids love than actually being "that" good - see David Luiz, El Shawaary (whatevs) for eg.

Window has to be a failure for the club. Martinez correctly identified the need for a playmaker was the top priority months ago, and then failed to deliver. That's inexcusable and leaves us in a hole.

CDi-ygQWoAArkak.png:large

Do you remember this bit of genius? :D

If you join all them dots up its actually a picture of Lionel Messi..

So, after one thread... that was then turned into two threads, and then back to one, and with some funny threadmarks... we've re-signed two former loanees, got a freebie that runs around but is a bit boss at times, Stones Mk.2 and some random South Americans.

Oh and yeh we've got a song for Stones now.

Can't wait for January.

If these signings mean Kev will be playing more, then I'm happy. I think he's criminally underused. Del will break teams down and score goals (as long as he gets games time).

Status
Not open for further replies.