The Everton Board Thread 2015/16 [ Not takeover related ]

Is it time for change?

• I'm happy with the way thing are. Kenwright and the Board should stay.

Votes: 75 10.2%
  • Kenwright and the board need to go. We need change.

Votes: 558 76.2%
  • I'm indifferent. Can't decide.

Votes: 99 13.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A rich owner would be nice but isn't essential. What we need is vision, a progressive business plan and the required talent in the management team to deliver it.

We have none of the above.
all very true, commercially we are especially crap. was just referring to all the "bill needs to get out his wallet" comments

Well there is an opening in the market for a group that doesnt do what you say happened, set a group up and fill that gap.
I don't have even close to the required amount of free time to set up something like that.

Doesn't make my point any less valid.

It's astonishingly difficult for a fan group to actually have ANY impact on a PL club's board these days - and even more so if you ensure through your actions that you'll get no serious media attention.

Do you know of any media outlets that would be keen on being associated with/dealing with a group that posts stuff like "Robert Elstone s**gs sunbeds" and "Bill Kenwright's a ****house"?

I know, was referring to other posts ive seen on GOT in general

all very true, commercially we are especially crap. was just referring to all the "bill needs to get out his wallet" comments

Hi mate, please respond to specific points, this thread reads better with clarity. The last closed thread was supposed to be about debating the actions and competence of the board, but ended with people asking what the Blue Union were going to do to improve the club's situation. The sort of question that makes Evertonians look like some sort of loons.

Well there is an opening in the market for a group that doesnt do what you say happened, set a group up and fill that gap.

I was reading an article by Colin Fitz in the last few months whom has been resistant of late on the subject and he was making the point that he grew tired of the cat and mouse games played by the club. It,s about time the fanns started to put a shift in however they feel it,s required to put pressure on the club and stop leaving it to the few.

If we have another season of mediocrity then I don't understand anyone who will then still defend this board, we're just standing still watching other smaller clubs fly past us.

we arent standing still, we're going backwards. gone are the days when liverpool and spurs would beat us to players, now its west ham and stoke ffs!

I was reading an article by Colin Fitz in the last few months whom has been resistant of late on the subject and he was making the point that he grew tired of the cat and mouse games played by the club. It,s about time the fanns started to put a shift in however they feel it,s required to put pressure on the club and stop leaving it to the few.

Sad to hear that about Colin but totally understand how tiresome and draining it can be. It is after all pretty much the same message for a decade or longer.

@BirkenheadBlue makes a good point that it's very difficult for supporters to affect a PL clubs direction these days. The best way for me is to withdraw financial and physical support; don't buy anything, don't attend. That approach isn't endorsed even in the BU and is one I can only see ending in failure. The other way for supporters to vent anger is visual/vocal displays at the match and this seems the only way forward presently (and even this splits the fanbase).

Outside of that (and I'm discounting a takeover or recapitalisation) we can only change from within. Basically a sea change in the Club's operations, employing better qualified personnel in key positions, re-thinking the entire strategy etc. That looks to be a complete non-starter with the official line being 'looking for a sale' while turkeys voting for Christmas also springs into mind.

If you believe the Board are only in this for a cheap stadium and maximum profit sale then that internal change simply isn't gonna happen. So we end up in the ridiculous situation we find ourselves currently in. We're going backwards fast, the PL middle order are getting stronger. I just hope that by the time the majority do turn on these charlatans that the situation isn't irreversible.

Only good thing about Everton being rubbish is that it ramps up the pressure on these clowns. Moyes was the ultimate shield for them, top 6 on a negative net spend and he fronted up for all the blame when it was going badly, no wonder Bill loved him. If Martinez continues to under perform and starts to go on about not getting the signings he needed he'll get thrown under the bus quicker than anything. He'll be the natural scapegoat for the board hoping a new manager bounce will distract the baying mob for a while.

Only good thing about Everton being rubbish is that it ramps up the pressure on these clowns. Moyes was the ultimate shield for them, top 6 on a negative net spend and he fronted up for all the blame when it was going badly, no wonder Bill loved him. If Martinez continues to under perform and starts to go on about not getting the signings he needed he'll get thrown under the bus quicker than anything. He'll be the natural scapegoat for the board hoping a new manager bounce will distract the baying mob for a while.

Enter Big Dunc.

The problem with all/most the anti-board groups that have formed through social media is that they rely almost exclusively on personal, often profanity and insult laden attacks on the likes of Kenwright and Elstone.

This will prevent them from ever getting their message across to the majority of Everton fans, not to mention any serious media outlets.

For example the crowd who had the meeting last weekend spent most of last night posting expletive filled short autotune type songs on twitter.

That'll definitely get the job done.

Dont assume that these people speak on behalf of said group.

Remember back in the days of the Kirkby Shed it was proven (through IP addresses) that the club had people posting on fans sites (Kipper) in order to discredit those who opposed Kirkby. The person who was said to have got that going also called match going Evertonians and they were "a bunch of drunken knobhead Evertonians".

Only a few weeks back we had a club staff member Mo Maghazachi following fans groups in his Everton capacity, cant see him doing that without a purpose.

Spot on about Moyes. It was why they made a man with zero honours to his name one of the world's best paid managers. I can also see Martinez being thrown under the bus but also it's getting to the stage where it really doesn't matter who's in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.