Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baldwin%20Estate%205068%20door%20Knob%20Set%20Satin%20Brass%20and%20Black%20(050)_0.png
Jockey---red-green.jpg
Where has your avatar gone?!

ill put it out there again as the thread has been locked,

Would anyone take benteke after liverpool realise they messed up not signing anyone / selling everyone that could create chances for him?

Where has your avatar gone?!

ill put it out there again as the thread has been locked,

Would anyone take benteke after liverpool realise they messed up not signing anyone / selling everyone that could create chances for him?
Don't think so. We have more pressing needs than spending 25m plus on a striker while have Rom

If you're going to bring back one transfer thread, please bring back reputation as well...

This is going to be unbearable reading tosh rumours and teamsheets from 12 year olds in their undies.

How can anyone expect anything other than a mid-table position when the actual big clubs are spending yet another 100 million on their squads, whilst we are picking up free transfers and 4 million pound teenagers?

I have absolutely no expectation this year, for the first time in a long while. Mind you, at least we have the best squad since the 80s, again.

How can anyone expect anything other than a mid-table position when the actual big clubs are spending yet another 100 million on their squads, whilst we are picking up free transfers and 4 million pound teenagers?

I have absolutely no expectation this year, for the first time in a long while. Mind you, at least we have the best squad since the 80s, again.

Oxy-MORON.

Don't think so. We have more pressing needs than spending 25m plus on a striker while have Rom
I mean in the future, 18 months or so time when he is available for 15 and ready to play for a club who will play for him.

Admittedly we may not be that club but im speculating here so anything is possible lol

To start with, we don't have a hundred million, and I personally think that so far business has been pretty much better than expected. No?
Geri back, Garbutt signed, Henen signed, Cleverley signed and without disrespecting their pedigree, Distin and Alcatraz gone. Proper pre season and a few more additions to the squad which as you rightly say is pretty much the best in recent years. Don't understand the pessimism.

I mean in the future, 18 months or so time when he is available for 15 and ready to play for a club who will play for him.

Admittedly we may not be that club but im speculating here so anything is possible lol

We probably put in less crosses than Liverpool. If he joined us now he could take his spot next to Lukaku standing there in the box watching Barry and McCarthy take 10 minutes to play one forward ball.

To start with, we don't have a hundred million, and I personally think that so far business has been pretty much better than expected. No?
Geri back, Garbutt signed, Henen signed, Cleverley signed and without disrespecting their pedigree, Distin and Alcatraz gone. Proper pre season and a few more additions to the squad which as you rightly say is pretty much the best in recent years. Don't understand the pessimism.

Definitely mate. Compared to many many other windows this has been a brilliant start.

Can't be bothered fuming when the window is still open. Anything could happen yet.

Has the window closed and nobody told me?!

Does it matter what a player costs if it's the right player? We've not finished either yet incidentally.

Some of our fans seem to love it. Only post doom and gloom.

They really do my head in to be honest

Only if you think having the best squad since the 80s (once again) will result in anything other than a mid-table finish.

I'm too old to worry too much about were we are going to finish(in July) - if in March we are bottom 6 then I fume. After all what can I do about the club buying (not buying) players ? I agree with you though the squad on paper is decent, hence why people are courting the likes of Stones, Ross, McCarthy and Rom.

(BTW no offence with that Oxy-moron comment, not sure if what you put was actually an oxymoron !!)

Status
Not open for further replies.