Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No mate people like you need to wake up... There is NO "Next Level" without significant investment !! Why don't some people get that??

I disagree mate, investment helps but it's not impossible for a big club to move forward without it.

This team has done well but has still underachieved. I don't care what everyone keeps telling us when they are given little old Everton a patronising rub on the head.

I know what I see on the pitch and that's a good team who were well capable of beating Leeds in the CC, Wigan, Fulham and City in the FA Cup and could also of got in there amongst the top 4.

I'm hoping with a more adventurous manager who goes to win games, gives the youth more of a chance, builds up expectations at the club and is prepared to manage by buying low, selling high we can progress to the Champions Lge and the added riches that brings.

I just hope, really, that when the inevitable disappointment is made, that we as supporters of the club direct our wrath at the source of the problem and not at the unfortunate new man himself, whomsoever he may be.

what exactly does 'next level' mean anyway apart from on some computer game people must be playing. I want to watch Everton play with passion and style, and hopefully win a few extra games than last season, what level that means we are at doesn't some into my thinking. I have been around a load of Man City fans this season and don't see any great talk of being at the 'next level', they still talk about players, beating Man Utd and the other normal fan stuff

I think for Everton it means what you've just said + qualifying for Europe again.

Now, an internal candidate finding their feet in one of the toughest leagues in Europe isn't a great bet to secure that I wouldn't think. Who knows, they might pull it off against the odds, but an experienced manager with credentials would easily be the more likely candidate to do it.

Internal means cheap, safe, conservative and a candidate who knows to keep their trap shut. That's its only selling point. Let's not turn a necessity into a virtue.

No mate people like you need to wake up... There is NO "Next Level" without significant investment !! Why don't some people get that??

It is because they ignore all the available evidence.

If you look at the facts we have a 90% chance of falling back to around 12th place, a 5% chance of doing worse than that, and a 5% chance of matching our current performance.

This is based on studying the performance of every manager in the UK since the 1970's relative to their wage bill. Moyes has the 5th best record of any manager.

I disagree mate, investment helps but it's not impossible for a big club to move forward without it.

This team has done well but has still underachieved. I don't care what everyone keeps telling us when they are given little old Everton a patronising rub on the head.

I know what I see on the pitch and that's a good team who were well capable of beating Leeds in the CC, Wigan, Fulham and City in the FA Cup and could also of got in there amongst the top 4.

I'm hoping with a more adventurous manager who goes to win games, gives the youth more of a chance, builds up expectations at the club and is prepared to manage by buying low, selling high we can progress to the Champions Lge and the added riches that brings.

a bit more adventure in a few games last season and all the dodgy Arsenal penalties in the world wouldn't have stopped us getting fourth. And it will feel a lot better if it happens this year without us fitting into the media model of what a 'great' club is.

I just hope, really, that when the inevitable disappointment is made, that we as supporters of the club direct our wrath at the source of the problem and not at the unfortunate new man himself, whomsoever he may be.

I think it will be directed at bill this time. For many, the final excuse used to be "but he appointed moyes"... No escaping failure this time

I think for Everton it means what you've just said + qualifying for Europe again.

Now, an internal candidate finding their feet in one of the toughest leagues in Europe isn't a great bet to secure that I wouldn't think. Who knows, they might pull it off against the odds, but an experienced manager with credentials would easily be the more likely candidate to do it.

Internal means cheap, safe, conservative and a candidate who knows to keep their trap shut. That's its only selling point. Let's not turn a necessity into a virtue.

Internal candidates have worked time and time again, at least as often as bringing someone in from outside. Everyone on here wants Europe, good football and a team we are proud of. The manager is just part of the equation, and we can't get bogged down in how it looks if it turns out to be right. None of us know, but if we get on the back of the team because it feels conservative then it will be really counter-productive. We are in the unusual situation with a new manager of building from some strength so just want to make sure that any manager understands the strengths and weaknesses more than their own philosophy

Internal candidates have worked time and time again, at least as often as bringing someone in from outside. Everyone on here wants Europe, good football and a team we are proud of. The manager is just part of the equation, and we can't get bogged down in how it looks if it turns out to be right. None of us know, but if we get on the back of the team because it feels conservative then it will be really counter-productive. We are in the unusual situation with a new manager of building from some strength so just want to make sure that any manager understands the strengths and weaknesses more than their own philosophy

I raise you Colin Harvey - what a disaster that was.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...ur-ex-blues-interviewed-replace-david-3869002

"Among those being linked with the job are Alan Stubbs, David Weir, Phil Neville and Duncan Ferguson – all former Everton players that are presently part of the backroom team. The ECHO understands that group of four have held individual talks with Kenwright and chief executive Robert Elstone during the last 48 hours about what role they see for themselves in the imminent shake-up ... Everton's board are also expected to contact Roberto Martinez for a formal interview next week"

They may play a role, but I just can't see Everton FC appointing a head coach without managerial experience. I'm much more worried from this that Martinez may be the preferred candidate.

Name one who has.

Dortmund, there's a few in Germany but there's no big clubs in this country who haven't had significant investment, so basically, we are the only ones trying. Little clubs may get there for a bit but they'll be ripped apart when they do. A big club would have half a chance of staying there.

What we do ned is for all the money generated by success on the pitch and player sales to be reinvested and obviously good management.

Moyes was the first step in that process and did fantastic to get us where we are now but we had stagnated and it was time for change. What we definitely don't need now is a poorer clone of Moyes keeping it safe. We need someone with fresh ideas playing more adventurous football going out to win games and can do so using the excellent youth set up and great players that Moyes has put in place.

I raise you Colin Harvey - what a disaster that was.

the squad was breaking up cos of a lack of Europe and the disasters were really what followed more than Harvey. but if you look at some of the biggest clubs in Europe they have no problem appointing from within. works sometimes, other times it doesn't. I am not convinced ideal candidate is inside the club, but dismissing the idea makes little sense either. There has always been too much enigma surrounding managers who are mainly only ever as good as circumstances allow

the squad was breaking up cos of a lack of Europe and the disasters were really what followed more than Harvey. but if you look at some of the biggest clubs in Europe they have no problem appointing from within. works sometimes, other times it doesn't. I am not convinced ideal candidate is inside the club, but dismissing the idea makes little sense either. There has always been too much enigma surrounding managers who are mainly only ever as good as circumstances allow

..Meh!

I think we can start narrowing this down.

Interested

Duncan Ferguson
David Weir
Alan Stubbs
Roberto Martinez

Not interested

Everybody else.

Status
Not open for further replies.