Summer transfer window 2023

Absolutely, on the whole it is a short term approach. You get the feeling that the hope is Dobbin turns out good.
You have to remember as well, we are either skint, or unable to spend money because of rolling losses. Our hands are seriously tied this summer. We have addressed the striker situation, for this season, now cross fingers and hope we can hold on and stay up.

I'm assuming the rest of the plan is, hope Onana has a decent season, sell him and use his money to make some of these loans permanent, or go out and buy fresh and start again. Cause we have an even bigger rebuild job needed next summer.

A lot is going to rest on Dobbin, plus Chermiti and Beto succeeding, and Onana having a storming season.

If we sold Onana to pay for Harrison or Danjuma to sign Permanently i think id probably give it a miss for a year.

Cashing in on Iwobi and replacing with Cornet would be sensible if we can do it. Similar versatility and more end product.

Kin ell...he was crap when he was linked and hes even worse now.

When you consider where we were a couple of months ago, no money, probably little chance of buying anybody, no strikers, I believe Kevin Thelwell has done a great job. Even today we appear to still be looking for players. So even if the newcomers turn out to be not brilliant I believe most of us would say well done Kev.
No offence but hasn't that just lowered expectations to gutter level so that people are happy with anything.

We still have zero from three games and just avoided relegation.

Difficult to judge him given I don't know his constraints.

With Chermiti and Beto we tick off one position.

But as ive posted a few times, for the 3 attacking midfield positions, next summer only McNeil and Dobbin will be under contract.

Cornet isnt good enough for Lyon or West Ham (and aside for 3-4months) or Burnley.

Hes absolute dog dirt.

For a 25 year old whose just come back from a loan in Belgium?

Id hope we never were linked to him lol
Davie Weir rates him very highly and I take it the 2 lads that have joined us from Brightons recruitment team also do.

I'm not sure if you are aware of our predicament atm.

This lad is maturing into a very good Centre mid , possibly the next 3/4 years will see him even better.

Window is not closed yet...but it seems that we have taken a short term approach and hope for the best in the years to come. We will very likely lose danjuma and harrison, 2 attacking players come next summer.

Harrison we have an option to buy do we not ? So, more than just hoping for the best. But we will need to spend some actual money on wingers next summer, no question about that.

With Chermiti and Beto we tick off one position.

But as ive posted a few times, for the 3 attacking midfield positions, next summer only McNeil and Dobbin will be under contract.

Cornet isnt good enough for Lyon or West Ham (and aside for 3-4months) or Burnley.

Hes absolute dog dirt.

For a 25 year old whose just come back from a loan in Belgium?

Id hope we never were linked to him lol

Funny that Lyon gave him about 200 games and have been crap since he left given he was such an horrific player..