Summer transfer window 2023

I think the Cornet links are probably genuine but may just be one of a few options, bit like Che Adams and Beto deals. Both advanced but got our first choice.

I think the Cornet links are probably genuine but may just be one of a few options, bit like Che Adams and Beto deals.
I imagine Gnonto is still our No1 choice but Leeds have put their foot down and I just can't see it happening now. We would have to offer obscene amounts of money which we won't.
I think we'll end up with that kid from Southampton.

Eh? I’d say it’s a decent sign that we might finally have something resembling a plan, rather than a complete scattershot transfer policy.

If we wanted a player 12 months ago (presumably because he met a certain number of metrics) chances are he still meets the required metrics now.

There’s also the possibility that Cornet is just a lazy piece of journalism.

Why, seems to be an obvious thing to do.
If you rated them at some point there is a good chance you haven't changed your opinion

If it was someone like Kudus I would be inclined to say it was a good idea. But this is 26 year old 0 goals last season Cornet.

Gray out Cornet in would be a very good move.

Can Cornet play on the right or is he another who prefers the left?

Edit - I stopped being lazy and checked. Stats look promising from the right

Attachments

• 287D2BB4-A014-4AA1-9FA4-D011E6DF1A4E.jpeg
    287D2BB4-A014-4AA1-9FA4-D011E6DF1A4E.jpeg
    122.6 KB · Views: 13
Not sure we actually need a wide forward. We have brought 2 in already, and have Mcneil to return soon. Plus Young at a push could play there.
In term's of priorities, surely midfield cover is where it is at.
Unless either Keane or Godfrey go I don't even see us doing anything for CB as well.

Could be right. I suppose I’m thinking if Grey and Iwobi go and some we could be stretched, especially if we have injuries like we have now. I’m not sure how much I like the idea of Keane or Godfrey deputising but yeah you’re right we do have the bodies.

When you consider where we were a couple of months ago, no money, probably little chance of buying anybody, no strikers, I believe Kevin Thelwell has done a great job. Even today we appear to still be looking for players. So even if the newcomers turn out to be not brilliant I believe most of us would say well done Kev.

When you consider where we were a couple of months ago, no money, probably little chance of buying anybody, no strikers, I believe Kevin Thelwell has done a great job. Even today we appear to still be looking for players. So even if the newcomers turn out to be not brilliant I believe most of us would say well done Kev.

…well done on waiting 3 windows to bring in a striker and nearly relegating us last season. We should never forget his incompetence.

Last edited: