Summer transfer window 2023

When you consider where we were a couple of months ago, no money, probably little chance of buying anybody, no strikers, I believe Kevin Thelwell has done a great job. Even today we appear to still be looking for players. So even if the newcomers turn out to be not brilliant I believe most of us would say well done Kev.
Window is not closed yet...but it seems that we have taken a short term approach and hope for the best in the years to come. We will very likely lose danjuma and harrison, 2 attacking players come next summer.

So hes 24, Arteta was 23, Pienaar 24 - more parallels, thank you.

I get it now, you didnt get an invite to his party. lol

One player has done less than nothing and is 25 in a week.

The other two have excelled over seasons and were well known players.

I just dont understand what road youre on here. Turn your map around.

Alzate is 25 in a week.

Its an upgrade if we get real money for Gray and Iwobi + the other 3 are moved out end of the season. Cornet will be a major disaster on a permanent.
I mean looking at it this way, he's easily our starting left back next year if Young leaves as he's miles better than Mykolenko. Could we get better, I would hope but he gets into this team in multiple positions, like Garner. Think it's a smart piece of business.

This link disgusts me.

£6mil with a sell on + Gray and Iwobi leaving would balance the books.

Just to confirm here...

Arteta: Barcelona, PSG, Rangers and Sociedad -- Did well at all and well known around the continent.

Pienaar: Ajax where he was class and Dortmund used out of position. Well known around the continent.

Youre saying were on a par with:

Alzate: Leyton Orient, Swindon, Standard Liege -- nothing impressive.

No mate lol
How would you feel if it was loan periods ( and not very good ones ) at Leyton Orient , Millwall & Norwich.

That was Harry Kane btw.

With all the hubub around window close - what do you think Thelwell/Dyche are aiming for as a first XI? Assuming its a 4-4-1-1?

Pickford

RB? - CB Tarkowski - CB Branthwaite/Swiss guy - LB Young/Myko/McNeil?

RM Garner/Harrison - CM Onana/Garner - CM Gana/Garner - LM McNeil/Cornet/Danjuma?

ACM Doucoure/Danjuma/Iwobi

CF DCL/Beto

Based on the above I'd say we are short a CB and a true ACM

Or do you think he was using that formation because of his player limitations?

For me, its a no to all of them.

1: Tottenham defender Japhet Tanganga has an offer on the table from Everton as he looks to leave his current club before the end of the transfer window.

That’s according to Calciomercato.it, who say Everton will need to work hard to convince him as he would prefer a move to Italy.

The website explains that Tanganga, who had been targeted by Inter Milan, is now a target for Torino and they are ‘aiming straight’ at him.

They explain Tanganga has put Serie ‘at the top of his preferences’ but that has not stopped him receiving interest from the Premier League.

2: Southampton winger Kamaldeen Sulemana has handed in a transfer request as he tries to force a move out of St Mary’s.

The Athletic’s Jacob Tanswell has confirmed that the 21-year-old wants to leave the Championship side, but they won’t accept any offers below his release clause of £30 million.

3: Everton are plotting a late swoop to sign Maxwel Cornet. *£18mil mentioned*

According to The Daily Mail, Everton want to bring West Ham United attacker Maxwel Cornet to Goodison Park before the transfer window closes.

Window is not closed yet...but it seems that we have taken a short term approach and hope for the best in the years to come. We will very likely lose danjuma and harrison, 2 attacking players come next summer.
Absolutely, on the whole it is a short term approach. You get the feeling that the hope is Dobbin turns out good.
You have to remember as well, we are either skint, or unable to spend money because of rolling losses. Our hands are seriously tied this summer. We have addressed the striker situation, for this season, now cross fingers and hope we can hold on and stay up.

I'm assuming the rest of the plan is, hope Onana has a decent season, sell him and use his money to make some of these loans permanent, or go out and buy fresh and start again. Cause we have an even bigger rebuild job needed next summer.

A lot is going to rest on Dobbin, plus Chermiti and Beto succeeding, and Onana having a storming season.

Very good show of his versatility here. Good age, will probably not be too expensive either and Dyche seems to like him, he had the best league career under him at Burnley that year, must be a hard worker. This would be a smart if unfashionable signing. At the right price I don't see the downside of it really.

Iwobi + Gray replaced by Cornet, Danjuma and Harrison is a massive upgrade in my opinion.
Cashing in on Iwobi and replacing with Cornet would be sensible if we can do it. Similar versatility and more end product.

With Chermiti and Beto we tick off one position.

But as ive posted a few times, for the 3 attacking midfield positions, next summer only McNeil and Dobbin will be under contract.

I mean looking at it this way, he's easily our starting left back next year if Young leaves as he's miles better than Mykolenko. Could we get better, I would hope but he gets into this team in multiple positions, like Garner. Think it's a smart piece of business.

Cornet isnt good enough for Lyon or West Ham (and aside for 3-4months) or Burnley.

Hes absolute dog dirt.

How would you feel if it was loan periods ( and not very good ones ) at Leyton Orient , Millwall & Norwich.

That was Harry Kane btw.

For a 25 year old whose just come back from a loan in Belgium?

Id hope we never were linked to him lol

So hes 24, Arteta was 23 (he turned 24 that March) 24 when made permanent, Pienaar 24 - more parallels, thank you.

I get it now, you didnt get an invite to his party. lol
I agree with you that always could be a decent signing and we shouldn’t be snobby about where he’s played but I don’t think arteta and pienaar are good comparisons really they were much more established players who had lost their way a bit Alzate has just never managed to establish himself.

One player has done less than nothing and is 25 in a week.

The other two have excelled over seasons and were well known players.

I just dont understand what road youre on here. Turn your map around.

Your spoofing. reaching and not making coherent points mate - no personal offence intended.

Both ended up here on loan, because they were taking incremental steps down bouncing from club to club, considered surplus and even we wanted to have a look at them before we would touch them. No point rewriting history. They didn't arrive here as stars or in a blaze of glory.

The core point being, they share parallels with this lad, who seems according to his own fans to have quality but not the opportunity and are only letting him go because of his contract situation and their wealth or playing resources in his position. While there seems like many clubs all over Europe in for him. Im certainly open minded.

Like Arteta and Pienaar there can be hidden quality in a maligned profile that just needs an oppurtunity and we should be open minded and not as dismissive as you seem to be.

Arent we always saying, we wish we could do something similar to Brighton and pick players out of obscurity