Summer transfer window 2023

To be fair we bring a lot of signings down to the wire. I’m not expecting anything from this lot though. If we hadn’t started the season out so poorly, I’m not sure Beto is at Everton. We’d probably still be flaunting inflammatory bids at Leeds for Willy

Come on Utd or bottom of table Everton 🤦‍♂️
Plus we can’t afford 20% of his wages where it’s will probably pay it all.
From Chelsea’s pov they wouldn’t want to improve a rival was where I’m coming from.

The other logic you state is completely spot on. Worth asking a question I guess

Cant remember seeing him play. I just think that with the players Brighton dont want theyre generally poor and he doesnt really have any pedigree on paper.

Even the players they sell for decent money seem to underperform outside of their system.

If not Wharton then another u21 that can be developed over the season and ready to replace Gana next summer would be my preference. Aside from Gana we only have Onana and Garner and really need one this season and another added next summer.

Im not sure how next summer we bring in:

Replacements at full back: Young/Coleman
Replacment at DM/CM: Gana and a new player
Replacements at Wing/attacking midfield: Danjuma, Harrison, Doucoure, Iwobi, Gray

We'd need 7 players best case. I think we need a couple of permanents now.

True about Branthwaite though the loan seems to have done him the world of good.

We seem to have solved CF and LW numbers wise at least for the long term but every other area is either low in quality or simply low in numbers...or both.

Marry a generous wealthy woman?

Yes. Both at PSG and Rangers. Quite a well known player in that respect.
Who Zat? Tell me someone one who would come on loan to play CM and be a world beater. You do talk nonsense. We have no money. The most important areas are right wing, CB and Full back

For the remainder of this window,..
If we could offload Maupay, Gbamin and Gomes (through loans if needed), sell Gray and get an ‘upgrade’ Centre back through the door then IMO it would represent a good window given the circumstances we find ourselves in.

- just a shame we have to do our critical business so late on and drop points as a consequence!

Who Zat? Tell me someone one who would come on loan to play CM and be a world beater. You do talk nonsense. We have no money. The most important areas are right wing, CB and Full back

Players that can play RW: Danjuma, McNeil, Dobbin, Harrison, Iwobi, Gray.

Players that can play 2 CB positions: Branthwaite, Tarkowski, Godfrey, Keane

Players that can play 2 FB positions: Mykolenko, Young, Godfrey, Patterson, Coleman

Players that can play 2 CM positions: Garner, Onana, Gana

Spot the position the team lacks numbers.

I dont have a loan list which all clubs receive compiled by both clubs and agents.

Players that can play RW: Danjuma, McNeil, Dobbin, Harrison, Iwobi, Gray.

Players that can play 2 CB positions: Branthwaite, Tarkowski, Godfrey, Keane

Players that can play 2 FB positions: Mykolenko, Young, Godfrey, Patterson, Coleman

Players that can play 2 CM positions: Garner, Onana, Gana

Spot the position the team lacks numbers.

I dont have a loan list which all clubs receive compiled by both clubs and agents.
Your RW list all prefer to play LW, Gray should be leaving (hopefully Iwobi too) and is also all of our 2 wing positions not just one

Also Doucoure isn’t great but that makes 4 for 2 and if you’re including Dobbin you should really include Onyango 5 for 2, same as the other examples

Point is we could ideally do with a quality CM, CB and winger but with the huge drop in quality that happens when our starting two aren’t available, I’d say CB is most important first

Thing is, does Iwobi start once Danjuma, Harrison and McNeill are all available? Probably not. Danjuma hasn’t joined to be back up and hope to get games. He will play. McNeill, would have started all three games. Dyche doesn’t really want to change the triple in the middle of Onana, Gana and Doucoure.
There are seven players mentioned in your post. At the moment three of them are injured and this is a trend that will likely continue all season. We'd be left pretty light if any of them were sold without a replacement

Your RW list all prefer to play LW, Gray should be leaving (hopefully Iwobi too) and is also all of our 2 wing positions not just one

Also Doucoure isn’t great but that makes 4 for 2 and if you’re including Dobbin you should really include Onyango 5 for 2, same as the other examples

Point is we could ideally do with a quality CM, CB and winger but with the huge drop in quality that happens when our starting two aren’t available, I’d say CB is most important firstha

Point is we could ideally do with a quality CM, CB and winger but with the huge drop in quality that happens when our starting two aren’t available, I’d say CB is most important first.
Lack of quality in the RW position, full backs. CM we still have gomes aswell.