2023/24 Amadou Onana

Would prefer to keep him for another year.
Utd have always run rings around us in the market, if he had to go then £50m doesn't cut it at all. Our need is far greater than theirs. If they were selling another of their rejects, they'd look for a fee proportionally higher. This is a player many inside and outside have high hopes for.

But now the chatter has started I think he will be off. We won't maximise his value and we'll get to spend some of the proceeds. That's something they'll willingly settle for. It will be job done as far as they are concerned.

I agree - it would. Yet, is he genuinely worth £70m+ or is he irreplaceable? Don't get me wrong, I like Onana and would really like him to stay, especially this late on.

But how influential was he last year?
I see his 1st season was a settling in period were we only saw glimpses of his talent , he's bedded in now & hope we see the benefits this season.

We all know he's destined to get to the top , another season & he's worth mega money.

Have to be an outrageous offer for him to leave for me.

I agree m8. He goes missing too often, like he's taking power naps on the pitch.

The lad has the assets to be a very good player.

Hopefully this season with Everton.
UTFTs!
Had a good first half and i think if we would have scored would have carried it on. But agree with you has to get himslef in the game more

I can assure you, not even this Everton Board would sell him for 50m.
The board led by our beloved Chairman my son?

Kenwright told the N*** of the *****: "David Moyes and I agreed Wayne has to be a £50million player now. "We do smile about what Wayne is worth but, then again, we also talk about who's going to be alongside him with us next season. "I would turn down any bid for him and say: 'Thank you very much, what else do you want to talk about?'.

God bless.

Last edited:
The smart play is to hang on for another year. We will get the 60m for him if we get relegated bar something stupid like a leg break so may as well keep him & use him this season.
In a year with good progression & still in the top flight with another years worth of inflated prices growing we will get 80 mill plus which then gives us the right amount of time to find a quality replacement. Would also help fund the many gaps we will have in the squad with contracts ending.
This is Everton though so i fully expect him sold for £57m on deadline day with zero replacements.

I agree m8. He goes missing too often, like he's taking power naps on the pitch.

The lad has the assets to be a very good player.

Hopefully this season with Everton.
UTFTs!
Looks like he plays within himself sometimes. Want to see him control a game. Maybe he could with better players round him.
Not sure that him and Dyche are well matched mind.

Wonder if this is like a reverse version of when we fake bid for players? Get the media to pretend United want our player then don’t sell and make out like the board refused to sell! Not that they are that clever!

80m or not even worth a conversation.

Other teams get the value they want, not what the other team is willing to pay, about time we had that attitude.

Young lad on a long contract, tell united where to go if its not a massive bid

Actually thought he did play well today, some of the balls out wide were great.

Midfield 3 of onana gana and doucoure does not work though
Let's hope we dont sell Branthwaite, Onana and Iwobi., in this transfer window. If we do sell sky high. But who really knows, the internal affairs at Everton?

I reckon Iwobi could end up going, if we could get some soft money for him, as is being the normal now in the Eutopean Leagues playerexodus to the Saudi Pro League.

UTFTs!