2023/24 Amadou Onana

Either sell for north of 70m (He isnt worth that but Lavia isnt worth 60 & Caicedo isnt worth 115)

Either 70+ or 30-40m + McTominay (Who would be a better fit in our system than Onana currently is, and has a goal in him.)

This is all about the price. I couldn't care less if he stays or goes - but I very much care that we get a good deal in any sale. I really dislike this kind of reporting from Steinberg's article, though:

Equally there is an awareness that it could be difficult to keep Onana if United’s interest develops. He impressed last season and was targeted by Chelsea in January.

Let's have it right. It could indeed be difficult to keep him if United make it worth our while to let him go. Other than that, it's no sale - whether the player or even elements in the club hierarchy want a low-ball sale...

Bobble said that we have great links with Utd and they want to do us a favour. Yeah right, doing us a favour by paying them money for a glorified ball boy.

Bill's transfer acumen there. Useless gits.

We get their dregs while they take our best players. Wow what a relationship that is.

We should add a premium on to any player Man Utd look at.

Sick of them - especially when you think back to Romero, and Rojo.

Both wanted to come, Man Utd didn't need either but wouldn't let them - dont think either kicked a ball again for them.

The special relationship

This is all about the price. I couldn't care less if he stays or goes - but I very much care that we get a good deal in any sale. I really dislike this kind of reporting from Steinberg's article, though:

Equally there is an awareness that it could be difficult to keep Onana if United’s interest develops. He impressed last season and was targeted by Chelsea in January.

Let's have it right. It could indeed be difficult to keep him if United make it worth our while to let him go. Other than that, it's no sale - whether the player or even elements in the club hierarchy want a low-ball sale...
That’s it in a nutshell.

Tell them the price, if you want him then pay it and we’ll box it off. If not, then do one

Let’s be brutally honest here, he was clearly a signing that was bought for his potential sell on. He was an investment

We were his step into making a bigger move and money in our banks; there’ll be others around Europe.

Hopefully we have them identified and can continue this path of building our revenue back up
Even after all I've said above, we've got to sell at the right time and not merely at the right price. Do you/we trust the club to replace him now with better?

I mentioned questioning how influential he was, but equally I could ask how influential his departure would be when we really need to stay up this year.

Also, another solid season could improve the price and profit for reinvestment as well. In reality, we've got no need to sell, so let's stick with him for now.

Next year, if everything goes well, I'd be content to move him on for a good profit like you say, and to use it to bring in two or three players.

I agree - it would. Yet, is he genuinely worth £70m+ or is he irreplaceable? Don't get me wrong, I like Onana and would really like him to stay, especially this late on.

But how influential was he last year?

As influential as any 20 year old in his debut season in a chaotic Everton team/midfield the Prem.

He's 21 - we bought potential.

He's more than held his own and passed the acid test of the Prem which is the most we could have hoped for all considered.

If we sell him, we have to replace him and the season has started/we wont have many lining up.

Would not sell now for anything less than 80m in this market where you see the prices for other modfielders. Even then he should stay another season he isn't ready for United.

Even after all I've said above, we've got to sell at the right time and not merely at the right price. Do you/we trust the club to replace him now with better?

I mentioned questioning how influential he was, but equally I could ask how influential his departure would be when we really need to stay up this year.

Also, another solid season could improve the price and profit for reinvestment as well. In reality, we've got no need to sell, so let's stick with him for now.

Next year, if everything goes well, I'd be content to move him on for a good profit like you say, and to use it to bring in two or three players.
I hope they do have the means to identify a replacement, you hope they would. But it’s Everton and none of us would be shocked if we sold him and then offered Neecastle £30m for Jeff Hendricks

Personally, I have no attachment to any of these players anymore.