2023/24 Amadou Onana

I'd be looking for a price between Lavia and Caicedo. If United have a problem simply direct them to their recent dealings where they've overpaid for everyone
Yep exactly. Southampton have some leverage but they also just got relegated, so it’s very reasonable for us to ask for more. And as you point out, United have paid way over the odds for recent players. Between the Caicedo and Enzo prices, I’d have no issue asking for 75+ even if he isn’t that valuable of a player in his current form.

With all that being said, I really hope we keep him.

True, might be one of those cases where getting something like £40m + 2 swap players would be more beneficial to us rather than a bigger fee outright. I suppose the obvious "solution" would be £30m-£40m + Maguire and McTominay or Van De Beek
Van de Beek was fit for about 3 games last time he was here

No thanks!

Would be absolutely mental to sell him for £50m this late in the window. Transfer window shuts 2 weeks Friday which is nowhere near enough time to find a replacement, and when defensive midfielders are going for £100m we should be asking for £70-£80 minimum.

Onana has had his bedding in period in the Prem. He's shown glimpses of what he could/ will be like.

Set an outrageous price ( with mind to the sell on fee ) if Utd want him they must match it or he stays .

I think this is a big season for the lad wether it's here or elsewhere, I'd sooner we get the benefit.
If he goes it would need a crazy offer.

Amazing if he went for 60m when relegated Southampton are getting that for their midfielder Lavia!

At this stage of the window you've got to be looking at over 80m. Caicedo has just gone for 115m ffs!

Good old Everton going to bend over once more it seems. We'll probably end up with Phil Jones as part of the deal, valued at 35m.

I have been advocating selling Onana though as he's out only sellable asset and we're in absolutely desperate times.