Transfer Rumour Anthony Elanga

Status
Not open for further replies.
15m go for it.

Remember 15m last season was spend on a player who can’t score, no pace, no positional sense, no anticipation, can’t head, can’t shoot, no technical abilities and half arse pressing.

Not sure why people are complaining now.

How do any of the naysayers in this thread find enough time to "scout" Elanga? Furthermore, I find the negativity particularly interesting as he barely plays for United! Don't tell me you've been sat there waiting for specifically the games he plays in.
Works both ways that really doesn’t it and I think people saying he’ll be great are similarly bluffing

Here’s my honest take - I heard from some United lads he was up and coming and looked good but personally I’ve never seen him play unless I didn’t notice he was on against us in a game. His YouTube looks like he’s scored some good finishes and has pace though so those are two things we don’t have enough of…

15m go for it.

Remember 15m last season was spend on a player who can’t score, no pace, no positional sense, no anticipation, can’t head, can’t shoot, no technical abilities and half arse pressing.

Not sure why people are complaining now.
Iwobi cost more than that

How do any of the naysayers in this thread find enough time to "scout" Elanga? Furthermore, I find the negativity particularly interesting as he barely plays for United! Don't tell me you've been sat there waiting for specifically the games he plays in.
I play FPL so tend to watch as many different matches/teams as I can, and he did get a decent amount of game time before the arrival of Ten Hag + his signings.

I've watched him enough to comfortably say that I don't think he's very good, and Utd supporting friends of mine share that view.

With that said, if we sign him (and it looks like we will) I will give him a chance and hope he proves me wrong.

Man Utd are under huge pressure to be successful immediately.
If James Garner had been given enough time and football I think he could have been a success there. But, they could not afford the luxury of giving young players experience unless they were absolutely exceptional.
I am hoping Elanga may be similar and I think a fee of 15m for a 21 year old with premiership experience who already lives in the general area sounds like a very attractive deal.

City, Chelsea ( as we well know), Utd are good at hoovering up the best young talent for their academies and we have seen that some of these young players can be sold on not because they are not good but not good enough for a top four team at their young age.
These players have the potential to be very good and that is why they fetch bigger fees than you might expect.

Sign Ashley Young on a free?

"Joke of a club, we should be investing in younger players."

Linked to a highly rated young, wide attacker?

"Garbage. Joke of a club. Fold us, now."

It seems everyone is a scout these days, and Internet amateurs know more that people who do it for a living.
The fans would prefer a no name foreign player than someone with Premier league experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.