Transfer Rumour Anthony Elanga

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we can sell Gray for roughly the same amount to Saudi then I’m ok with this.

…I’ve often called Gray a ‘complicated’ footballer & by that I think he’s very difficult to form partnerships with and blend into a team because his game is unpredictable. Anthony Gordon was similar & I think it makes it particularly difficult for full-backs playing behind them.

i don’t know enough about Elanga but he’s come through the ranks at United & I’d be hopeful he’d be an improvement on Gray.

I want to get behind this.

We absolutely can't go writing him off - especially me, I've barely seen the lad kick a ball.

But I can't shrug the concern that its another player in an attacking role that we dont know whether is capable of scoring more than 3-5 goals a season.

"What do we expect?"
"We have to be pragmatic..."

I get it, but I also think after these clowns took us to the brink 2 seasons on the spin that they can find the money from somewhere to bring in at least one player who we're confident can score goals.

As is, we'll again be starting a season without any goalscorers. Forget about Calvert-Lewin.

You would have to assume a striker is still a priority target for us. This kid is basically replacing Gordon's place in the squad for less than half the fee.

How do any of the naysayers in this thread find enough time to "scout" Elanga? Furthermore, I find the negativity particularly interesting as he barely plays for United! Don't tell me you've been sat there waiting for specifically the games he plays in.
That's exactly what the nay sayers are saying.

Everyone else convinced he's ace, why? Because he's got Utd on his CV despite hardly getting in the squad.

Everyone else convinced he's ace, why? Because he's got Utd on his CV despite hardly getting in the squad.

Personally I think he's a promising player, but I base that on nothing other than the games I've seen him play.

For context - I see Anthony Gordon in exactly the same way. Promising, but with a lot of development to do. If we were signing Anthony Gordon for £10m-ish, I'd be perfectly happy. At this point in their developments, I don't see a huge amount between the two of them, ergo I was happy with the fee we got for Gordon and wouldn't pay anything like it if we were buying him. On the flip side, the fee being quoted for Elanga absolutely makes it worth considering.

How do any of the naysayers in this thread find enough time to "scout" Elanga? Furthermore, I find the negativity particularly interesting as he barely plays for United! Don't tell me you've been sat there waiting for specifically the games he plays in.

They have Garnacho, Rashford, and Sancho playing ahead of him. Which is tough.

But the fact he kept Sancho out the side when they spent £80mill (while he was "adjusting") tells me he's good enough especially to play for a club like ours

If some folks haven't seen enough of him to be convinced he's ace then some folks haven't seen enough to NOT rate him either. It works both ways.

He's been competing with the likes of Rashford, Martial, Ronaldo, Sancho and even Fernandes for the wide positions at Man U.

3 goals in 12 for Sweden is probably a truer reflection of what he could bring to a team like ours.

I think loan with an option would be best for all parties, or low fee with a good enough buy back option for Everton to consider.

This just shows how bad Kevin really is.
So much for scouting let’s just keep buying top 10 rejects. I’d much rather have Gnonto than Elanga at 15-20 million… that’s an insane valuation.

We should really consider offloading Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.