2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s shots at goal that he has created, not taken himself.

Do we know though…..I always find these graphs misleading as the outcome is non descriptive. Like what is a chance. What the difference between a chance and a big chance etc. They are kind of makey up stats to my mind mate.

His numbers were mediocre at the end of the day in terms of goals/assists considering he played almost every minute and the team played through him (not necessarily his fault to be honest). His usage was very high. The guy had the ball a lot and did a lot of nothing with it, slowed the game down constantly and made risky passes that you’d expect from your less attacking players.

Again, it’s not all his fault. We didn’t really have a recognized ball carrier so Alex took on that role. For all of the people that complained about Bolasie, Iwobi basically does the same thing. Dominates the ball for most of the game with very little to show in terms of end product. If there is one thing I can give Bolasie credit for over Iwobi is that he created a bunch of quality chances that we did not put away. Iwobi does a better job of holding it up. Both aren’t good enough. At least Iwobi isn’t on the right.

Do we know though…..I always find this graphs misleading as the outcome is non descriptive. Like what is a chance. What the difference between a chance and a big chance etc. They are kind of makey up stats to my mind mate.
A chance is a key pass or an assist, where a key pass is a pass where the player recieving the ball then has a shot but doesn't score.
A big chance is a one-on-one or a penalty.

Definitions are from the below:

And I’d bet my butt a lot of those chances were dumps to the edge of the box to one of our central midfielders to hit and hope. Notice how we took a lot of shots outside the box after we appointed Dyche. Again- quality of chances

I'd like to see him back in the midfield - where we know he plays his best. He can do the job on the wing defensively but his crossing and end product is generally poor.

A chance is a key pass or an assist, where a key pass is a pass where the player recieving the ball then has a shot but doesn't score.
A big chance is a one-on-one or a penalty.

Definitions are from the below:

Ha ha every day a school day, fair play mate - still think it’s a bit wishy washy, as it’s quantitive rather than qualitative as the poster above mentions.

….contract up in 12 months, new offer apparently on the table but he might decide to run his current deal down;

IMG_5739.jpeg

Just remember that @RickyRider could make Gylfi Sigurdsson look like Messi if he brought stats to the table. Not saying stats are bad or false, just that they could be misleading.

He literally used stats to try and say that Sigurdsson WAS better than Messi. The thing is, his selected numbers did actually say that, so he could just hide behind them whenever someone tried to call him out. That’s why I will steadfastly dismiss anyone using stats as evidence of a player’s ability/level.

He literally used stats to try and say that Sigurdsson WAS better than Messi. The thing is, his selected numbers did actually say that, so he could just hide behind them whenever someone tried to call him out. That’s why I will steadfastly dismiss anyone using stats as evidence of a player’s ability/level.

Stats disguise actually watching a player for 90mins

Ok on the wing, in the middle he as much threat as he is liability, any talk from him about being "no10" can wait for walking football.

Status
Not open for further replies.