2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we should get rid but at the same time i wont be watching many matches if our style of play is similar to this season or his Bunrley side.

Don't have much faith in him attracting entertaining players either.

I honestly don't get any shouts in regards to 'style of play'. Go and ask a fan of the RS about 2005. They won the champions league playing some of the most insipid, turgid, boring, negative anti-football that I have ever seen in my life. Do you think any of them care? Not saying that we will win anything under Dyche, but if by some miracle we poop-house our way to an EFL cup or something under his stewardship I'm not going to sit there with my arms crossed lamenting the 'Dyche ball'. Personally I just hope he guides us into the new stadium with no major dramas, and safe an sound as a premier league club.

I bet his bedroom absolutely wreaked of curry farts this morning. 100% he'd have ordered in a curry takeaway for him, Woan & Stone last night and got leathered on Worthingtons bitter.

You earned it Sean, bask in the ambience
here’s a taster of the conversations they would of had before talking about the football… the man is a connoisseur

I don't think we should get rid but at the same time i wont be watching many matches if our style of play is similar to this season or his Bunrley side.

Don't have much faith in him attracting entertaining players either.

Will depend on what wages will be offered.

He has got a group players playing that many had have written off as relegation fodder.

Myself looking forward to it.

This stuff is always a worry but Everton (for all their faults) are a higher profile club than Burnley and could probably attract more names. Will he still make the same mistakes he did at Burnley in terms of transfers? Time will tell. I don’t think it’s set in stone though that he will fudge himself that badly
As I said - I hope he doesn't I hope I'm wrong, I hope he's smarter about it.

However....

The Frank comparisons are interesting but I don't think they're fair on Dyche.

Frank inherited a team that wasn't in the bottom 3 and he took that team into that bottom 3 last season. Thankfully we recovered in the end and managed to stay up last season, with a little help from the fans.

Dyche, in contrast, inherited a team that was firmly ensconced in the bottom 3... and he kept us up... with an exceptionally long injury list and no recognised striker.

I'm not saying we should give him some ludicrously lengthy new deal as some have suggested, but if we sack him now who do we replace him with?

It'd be absurd to pull the trigger at this moment in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.