Summer transfer window 2023

If that scenario was part of Tottenham's strategy then kudos to Levy for trying it. It's smart, it's savvy, it's the sort of thing the Everton Brain Trust would never be able to come up with let alone pull off.

I'm sure there will be interest in JP this summer, difference is we wont need to sell like we almost surely would have in relegation. If Spurs want him and meet the £50-60m+ price, it'll be a good return for us and we can reinvest. If not, JP seems like he's more than happy to stay for the forseeable.
It’s the sort of thing I would expect a seemingly savvy operator like Levy to try. They had Kane, Son and Richarlison - they didn’t really need him and then when you look at how many minutes he got in the pitch you do have to question their motivation for buying him.

Yeah I’m happy to keep JP - if we could sell anyone for a profit as long as it was a good margin then I’d prefer for Onana to go - as any margin realised would be based more around potential which he is someway off realising.

There's no shame in looking at Barnes and Maddison, though the likelihood is they'll go to bigger teams than us. If we're up against a wall and Pickers had to be sold, then despite some mistakes he's made I'd be looking at Meslier from Leeds....circa 200 appearances and still only 21-22-ish. Reminds me of Pickford at Sunderland before we brought him in.
I'd like a more dynamic midfielder who busts a gut every game and has goal contribution, much like Morgan Gibbs White. Impressed with him every time I saw him.
We won't be shopping in Harrods this year, so we need to scour the foreign leagues and the Championship for a few diamonds.

There's no shame in looking at Barnes and Maddison, though the likelihood is they'll go to bigger teams than us. If we're up against a wall and Pickers had to be sold, then despite some mistakes he's made I'd be looking at Meslier from Leeds....circa 200 appearances and still only 21-22-ish. Reminds me of Pickford at Sunderland before we brought him in.
I'd like a more dynamic midfielder who busts a gut every game and has goal contribution, much like Morgan Gibbs White. Impressed with him every time I saw him.
We won't be shopping in Harrods this year, so we need to scour the foreign leagues and the Championship for a few diamonds.
Yep he’s impressed me too but in an attacking sense - not sure on the defensive side of his game

Because we can’t score goals. In an ideal world keep him and sign some top class attackers, but that ain’t happening. Unless we sell other players. And we’ve seen over the last couple of years. Teans aren’t interested in our [Poor language removed].. maybe we get money for Onana..

But I wouldn’t be bothered if he went as long as we could spend a few quid on the back of it
I'd rather us sell onana just because he's still developing as a player and we'd fetch around 50 to 60 million since even though he has potential he is incredibly overrated and use those funds for new forwards and a striker. He's 6"7 and can't head a ball we need midfielders who can score as well

It’s the sort of thing I would expect a seemingly savvy operator like Levy to try. They had Kane, Son and Richarlison - they didn’t really need him and then when you look at how many minutes he got in the pitch you do have to question their motivation for buying him.

Yeah I’m happy to keep JP - if we could sell anyone for a profit as long as it was a good margin then I’d prefer for Onana to go - as any margin realised would be based more around potential which he is someway off realising.
I can see why they bought him: young, Prem proven, gets goals, can improve, has resale value etc etc - plus he was available, and Conte always wants more players. I think once Conte saw him up close it was more a case of he already had better in Kane & Son, so he became a squad player. If Kane goes, he might get a lot more game time.

Madison is quality but he totally bottled the run in didn't he? He was terrible for them despite his obvious talent

Isn't Barnes priced at 60? , obviously the price will come down due to relegation but it would be a hefty fee I'd imagine. He's everything Gordon was supposed to be in my mind

I can see why they bought him: young, Prem proven, gets goals, can improve, has resale value etc etc - plus he was available, and Conte always wants more players. I think once Conte saw him up close it was more a case of he already had better in Kane & Son, so he became a squad player. If Kane goes, he might get a lot more game time.
I reckon they bought Richy to blood him in for the season then kane and /or son will leave and he'll be first choice. Only a guess though

I'd rather us sell onana just because he's still developing as a player and we'd fetch around 50 to 60 million since even though he has potential he is incredibly overrated and use those funds for new forwards and a striker. He's 6"7 and can't head a ball we need midfielders who can score as well
He can head a ball,just very rarely in the correct direction.

Probably has a contract agreed with Newcastle or Spurs or Arsenal behind the scenes and didn't want to risk it by getting injured in a team shipping goals every week.
You'd still play your heart out as a pro though wouldn't you. Especially if the team you won those honours with was on the brink of relegation. Not the type of player anyone would want with that attitude