Summer transfer window 2023

I think Spurs may test our resolve to hang on to Pickford, especially if they find out we're needing to sell again, if that's to be the case. They'll 100% be in the market for a new starting xi goalkeeper this summer, and why not go for the England international keeper approaching the peak of his career? We'll not command Alison-type money for him; they'll know £40m would likely get him from a club that's up chit creek financially. We could well see Begovic as our starting goalkeeper next season with £40m pocketed by the board again.
I think we should make it a golden rule not to deal with Spurs - they’ve had us over too many times

Cheeky loan move for Richy. Doubt it would happen but he’s clearly not happy there
Yeah, never in a million years is Levy paying £60m for a player and then a year later giving him back for a few quid loan fee. If we sell a player for big bucks, wouldn't surprise me if we tested the waters about buying him back though.

Silly season starts and we are linked with every player on the planet. Do we actually have the ability to buy any players this summer 🤔
I'm sure Big Kev is thumbing through the Southampton and Leeds squad list as we speak. (Either that or looking for James Milner's agents fax number).

If we're going to stop doing business with every club that is better at negotiations than we are, there will be few very clubs left anywhere to do business with.
No just them - i know this sounds like a conspiracy theory but I’m convinced they went for Danjuma to impact our safety with a view to getting JP on the cheap. I’m probably over thinking it but it will be interesting if there is interest in him this close season. (I only think that way because that’s what I’d do)

I wondering how big will Dyche's transfer pot be?

My completely uneducated guess is £20m plus what ever he can generate through sales but he'll also need to trim 20% off the wages bill regardless.
Given the direction of the finances from last season, I'd expect our transfer pot to be roughly about the same as it was last year (plus perhaps the Gordon money and Moise Kean payment). Without player sales we wont be making £40-50-60m level signings, so it'll come down to how effectively we use the relatively limited finances available.

We'll be saving significant wages this summer with contracts ending;
Mina- £120k a week
Townsend- £50k a week
Davies- £30k a week
I'd imagine if Coleman gets an extra year it will be on reduced terms, maybe saving £20k?
Plus the wages we've been paying Vinagre for doing nothing and Coady is probably another £80k.

That's something like £300k a week. Plus Thelwell needs to earn his money by moving on the likes of Gomes, Gbamin, Dele, Holgate, Keane, Maupay to make room for new signings.

No just them - i know this sounds like a conspiracy theory but I’m convinced they went for Danjuma to impact our safety with a view to getting JP on the cheap. I’m probably over thinking it but it will be interesting if there is interest in him this close season. (I only think that way because that’s what I’d do)
If that scenario was part of Tottenham's strategy then kudos to Levy for trying it. It's smart, it's savvy, it's the sort of thing the Everton Brain Trust would never be able to come up with let alone pull off.

I'm sure there will be interest in JP this summer, difference is we wont need to sell like we almost surely would have in relegation. If Spurs want him and meet the £50-60m+ price, it'll be a good return for us and we can reinvest. If not, JP seems like he's more than happy to stay for the forseeable.

Does anyone know what our current wages bill is?

Being report on the Radio this morning that Leicesters is £185m out of £210m income (or something like that)

Money to be cut by 2/3 due to relegation .. ooch!

We'll be saving significant wages this summer with contracts ending;
Mina- £120k a week
Townsend- £50k a week
Davies- £30k a week
I'd imagine if Coleman gets an extra year it will be on reduced terms, maybe saving £20k?
Plus the wages we've been paying Vinagre for doing nothing and Coady is probably another £80k.

That's something like £300k a week. Plus Thelwell needs to earn his money by moving on the likes of Gomes, Gbamin, Dele, Holgate, Keane, Maupay to make room for new signings.
Agreed we need to shift those names on, but it's easier said than done. They're all on good money, they may not want to leave and you can't sell players no team wants to buy. It's a miracle worker we need to get rid of some of them, never mind a half competent DOF. (Plus a fair chunk of wages saved with OOC players will simply go back on the books as wages for new players signed).