Summer transfer window 2023

Where would Pickford go if we were to sell him? Go to Spurs or Chelsea and take a gamble on them qualifying for Europe next season? I'm not too sure about that.

Wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if he's here at least another season and see how things pan out then
man utd should replace de gea, i know he won the clean sheet thingy but pretty sure he made about 12 mistakes this season

Don't half hate posts like this you know.

He's one of the only consistently good players in our squad, we should under no circumstances look to sell him.

I get we need other positions filling, but if we sell Pickford we then need a goalkeeper as good, which we just aren't getting
Between him and city keeper who's the best in the league. Nobody else close in my opinion

I think Spurs may test our resolve to hang on to Pickford, especially if they find out we're needing to sell again, if that's to be the case. They'll 100% be in the market for a new starting xi goalkeeper this summer, and why not go for the England international keeper approaching the peak of his career? We'll not command Alison-type money for him; they'll know £40m would likely get him from a club that's up chit creek financially. We could well see Begovic as our starting goalkeeper next season with £40m pocketed by the board again.

Again you haven’t a clue what you’re talking about. Doesn’t matter if one club wants 15mil up front and the other 2 want 10mil up front. So the outlay would be 35mil. But on the clubs accounts it goes on the length of the players contact. And would still be 6mil over 5yrs = 30mil.

Also we have 4/6 players out of contact. Pickford probably on 120 a week. I’m talking about signing younger players. McNeil, Garner, Onana wouldn’t be on anywhere near what the likes of Pickford, Mina, or doucoure are on. We also will sell others players on big wages.

If we paid the new Keeper 80k and an experienced striker the same. And maybe 40k to two talented young attackers. That’s covered by Mina and Pickford
Regardless of how it goes on the accounts and how long the players contracts are ( Chelsea got dodgy with all this handing out 7/8 year contracts to split the costs ) selling pickford for 40m ( which is likely what we would get for him ) wouldn't be beneficial in any way to the team.

Regardless of how it goes on the accounts and how long the players contracts are ( Chelsea got dodgy with all this handing out 7/8 year contracts to split the costs ) selling pickford for 40m ( which is likely what we would get for him ) wouldn't be beneficial in any way to the team.
Selling keepers is a weird one - obviously demand is less because teams only need 1 or 2 at the top level.

That said, supply is low because not many keepers get to show their worth at the top level.

I'd be trying to sell Pickford for more than £40m - he's surely worth more to a team than Richarlison for example (And I say that being a fan of Richy).

He hasn't really let England down - which most English keepers have since Seaman.

Personally I'd be making sure it is worth his while to stay at Everton.

I think Spurs may test our resolve to hang on to Pickford, especially if they find out we're needing to sell again, if that's to be the case. They'll 100% be in the market for a new starting xi goalkeeper this summer, and why not go for the England international keeper approaching the peak of his career? We'll not command Alison-type money for him; they'll know £40m would likely get him from a club that's up chit creek financially. We could well see Begovic as our starting goalkeeper next season with £40m pocketed by the board again.
They can't offer him European football and I think that would be the only reason he'd want to leave.