Summer transfer window 2023

Don't half hate posts like this you know.

He's one of the only consistently good players in our squad, we should under no circumstances look to sell him.

I get we need other positions filling, but if we sell Pickford we then need a goalkeeper as good, which we just aren't getting
but if selling Pickford for 50/60mil allows us to buy 3x 30mil attackers. Surely that’s got to be better for the team moving forward.

We may stay up next season with Pickford and maybe some cheap additions. But a keeper slightly below his level. but 30 extra goals definitely keeps us up

but if selling Pickford for 50/60mil allows us to buy 3x 30mil attackers. Surely that’s got to be better for the team moving forward.

We may stay up next season with Pickford and maybe some cheap additions. But a keeper slightly below his level. but 30 extra goals definitely keeps us up

Maths isn't your strong point here mate

3x30m attackers plus a keeper slightly below his level all for 50m?

3x30 is 90m on its own?

We saw what happened to Leicester when they failed to replace Schmeichel properly. The same would happen to us imo.
100%. I was in the ‘Pickford is replaceable’ camp last summer but he’s been invaluable to our survival two years running now. Meslier and Bazunu look decent for the future but I think by and large the three teams that went down had the worst goalkeeping.

He’s our one genuinely top class player, under a new contract and mad enough to be happy playing for this basket case os a club so it would take something close to a world record for a keeper for me to sell given the value of his saves to our survival two years running.

Maths isn't your strong point here mate

3x30m attackers plus a keeper slightly below his level all for 50m?

3x30 is 90m on its own?
And how it works when buying and selling players on the clubs accounts Is not your strong point mate

Pickford money is pure profit unless Sunderland have a sell on which wouldn’t be much

3x 30mil players on 5yrs deals woujd cost the club 18mil on next years books.

Trust me Brighton are upset about selling Caicedo and Macalister and will do whatever they can to hold onto them. They don't need the money but like Dortmund they have a model which attracts the worlds best young players because they will allow them to get when the time is right.
Difference is they've already signed their replacements

3x 30mil players on 5yrs deals woujd cost the club 18mil on next years books.
no it wouldn't?

unless all 3 players transfer fee's would be paid over 5 years, which is highly unlikely.

edit- you're also not taking into account signing on fees and wages of "3 attacking players and a good goalie" to replace the 1x wages of pickford we woud be saving.

no it wouldn't?

unless all 3 players transfer fee's would be paid over 5 years, which is highly unlikely.

edit- you're also not taking into account signing on fees and wages of "3 attacking players and a good goalie" to replace the 1x wages of pickford we woud be saving.
Again you haven’t a clue what you’re talking about. Doesn’t matter if one club wants 15mil up front and the other 2 want 10mil up front. So the outlay would be 35mil. But on the clubs accounts it goes on the length of the players contact. And would still be 6mil over 5yrs = 30mil.

Also we have 4/6 players out of contact. Pickford probably on 120 a week. I’m talking about signing younger players. McNeil, Garner, Onana wouldn’t be on anywhere near what the likes of Pickford, Mina, or doucoure are on. We also will sell others players on big wages.

If we paid the new Keeper 80k and an experienced striker the same. And maybe 40k to two talented young attackers. That’s covered by Mina and Pickford

Where would Pickford go if we were to sell him? Go to Spurs or Chelsea and take a gamble on them qualifying for Europe next season? I'm not too sure about that.

Wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if he's here at least another season and see how things pan out then