Summer transfer window 2023

For me I need to see Holgate, Keane and Tom Davies out of the club. They're far too symbolic of the overall dredge in quality that's rife in our squad. If we offload even 2 of them this summer it will be a positive difference

I have a strong feeling that Pickford will go. He’s a good lad and I think he signed the contract to maximise the amount we get for him (probably in anticipation of relegation); just don’t think he fancies another relegation scrap when he’s comfortably a top 6 level keeper.

Onana is as good as gone, also, I reckon. I like him, but £20m-£30m profit in one year is exactly the kind of business we should be doing, so no tears will be shed here.

If DCLs agent can convince potential buyers to look the other way over his injury record, I think he’ll be gone, too.

I assume Mina will be off, but we’ll fill his squad place with Branthwaite, so financially we’re all good, there (likely better off because of wages). We’ll see what happens with JB as he seems keen on a permanent move to PSV, but that can surely only happen if we get wedge enough to replace with someone good.

As for incomings? Who knows. I’m no mystic, but I can see us bringing in slow, useless garbage for well over market price.
Pretty sure he'd be happy with a realistic chance of becoming a starter here and a nice wage increase, one good season and you'd be talking arsenal, city etc types interested

In a season in which a lack of Strikers has left us DEEP in the mud, you propose we enter a Season with 1 unproven Striker and A N Other.

Great idea Zat.
If we had a budget of say £20mil for a centre forward but then sold DCL, Simms and Maupay to get us up to around £47.5mil...how many forwards would you be able to buy with that who can practically be a 'guarantee' to score alot of goals, see their value rise and improve the team?

You think we could sign 2 or more like that?

I have a strong feeling that Pickford will go. He’s a good lad and I think he signed the contract to maximise the amount we get for him (probably in anticipation of relegation); just don’t think he fancies another relegation scrap when he’s comfortably a top 6 level keeper.

Onana is as good as gone, also, I reckon. I like him, but £20m-£30m profit in one year is exactly the kind of business we should be doing, so no tears will be shed here.

If DCLs agent can convince potential buyers to look the other way over his injury record, I think he’ll be gone, too.

I assume Mina will be off, but we’ll fill his squad place with Branthwaite, so financially we’re all good, there (likely better off because of wages). We’ll see what happens with JB as he seems keen on a permanent move to PSV, but that can surely only happen if we get wedge enough to replace with someone good.

As for incomings? Who knows. I’m no mystic, but I can see us bringing in slow, useless garbage for well over market price.
We need to hold onto Branthwaite and Onana unless absolutely insane offers arrive.

Pickford £50mil+ at 29 gets us a new top class young keeper plus funds towards an outfield attacking player.

DCL at £15mil+- would also make sense if we can move Maupay, Gray and Iwobi on to generate a decent 'warchest'.

Alcaraz.

lol

Any room for negotiation there, Zat?
Is £2.5mil too low for Simms? Ive no idea :)

That Alcaraz looked really promising to me as well @MisterJ . But for some reason he seemed to get alot of stick in here on matchdays.

Looked like a baller who was too good for the teammates as he kept playing attacking balls they misread.

We wont be signing anyone until 30th June as thats when the financial year ends for clubs. Theyll want to put down the 70 million from Gordon and Kean on the accounts without spending anything to manipulate the accounts and make them look better than they are.

The Prem wont come to a decision on our FFP until at least October so we shouldnt worry about FFP punishment for now and even if we did get a transfer ban or points deduction we would appeal etc and the whole process would be dragged out.

on a separate note, i actually trust Thelwell as although he wasnt able to get a ST, there are plenty of reasons for that ie FFP. he has only made one poor signing (Maupay) and seems to actually know what hes doing. He found Mudryk before Chelsea and Arsenal who is clearly talented otherwise the other Iranian owner in the prem wouldnt have spent 100 million on him. Kev also found Kudus who should really be ours but Ajax are little pricks so he isnt and he will be going to to a champions league club ie Arsenal or United etc. In Kev we trust…

If we could offload

Iwobi
Doucs
Holgate
Davies
Maupay
Onnana
Gomes
Gbamin
Godfrey

Before June 30th that would be awesome

If we could offload

Iwobi
Doucs
Holgate
Davies
Maupay
Onnana
Gomes
Gbamin
Godfrey

Before June 30th that would be awesome
Davies is out of contract and I'd want to keep Onana and Doucoure.

Iwobi
Holgate
Maupay
Gomes
Gbamin
Godfrey
Keane
Gray
Simms

If we could move all of them on (Nkounkou would bring in £2mil also) it could be circa £65mil. All hitting the books in one go along with the saving on wages from out of contract and these players we'd be pretty flush.

Just to be clear: we will not start next season with an entirely new team. Strengthening what we have in key positions means that some players who are getting a slagging on here can be used to their best advantage and even progress. This includes the likes of Iwobi and, yes I'll say it, Maupay