Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it seem odd to anyone that of the relegation trio (excluding Forest) we are all away this weekend and all at home next. Seems oddly coincidental

Assuming in the event we stay up that Leicester will have an issue with our accounts that they didn't have last season.

And Leeds, who had a problem, then didn't have, and will have again.

That's for the summer I suppose. If we are safe, the table doesn't lie and they can whinge to their hearts content.

Assuming in the event we stay up that Leicester will have an issue with our accounts that they didn't have last season.

That's for the summer I suppose. If we are safe, the table doesn't lie and they can whinge to their hearts content.

Tick tock.
They're sitting on it just waiting.

Hi Lads, first time poster and 50 years West Ham fan . Just wanted to clarify (from experience of watching Moyes thru our European games).......what he will do on Sunday against Leeds. Take it from me, regardless of the result on Thursday night v AZ, he will play an extremely strong team v Leeds. If not his absolute strongest. It will be nothing like the one v Brentford. .....And to add to this, also a bit of positivity that you will not know about. The last home game of EVERY West Ham season is seen as a celebration, a big event ....so much so that in our last 24 (last home games of the season)...we have only ever lost 3. And just to point out that since Leeds got promoted to the PL , West Ham have really had their number.....Only losing once home or away. They are a team we really like to play....and the Allardyce style will actually help us, we also hate Allardyce too. But essentially the team picked will be very, very strong.....what I can't account for is the teams state of mind after Thurs......A win on Thurs will make Sunday a big celebration......and Leeds won't handle that. So, all the best and don't worry, we will try. Moyes does still like and admire Everton. And just to add, Moyes biggest success this season at WHU has been beating teams in and around us. His record in such games is excellent. Cheers all...and thanks for reading.

Can't seem to find it all you expert's who predicted our 5-1 win at Brighton

I'll grant you Gary - I was far too conservative with my prediction ;)

There's still plenty to play for - many Everton fans have already wrote us off against a Brighton side who have (1) the highest proportion of their goals conceded from set pieces (15!! of 34); and (2) we're quietly well set up under Dyche to defend against the way they play, see the Forest game for blueprint

Folks really watched that game and think we aren't really well set up to deal with Brighton? Lock-on to the man, pack the narrow spaces with distance-coverers to force them out wide, employ a bit of the dark outs and boot them over the pitch; then look to win flick ons for the wide men into the channels and get crosses into the box.

Think people will be surprised by us at the Amex; I predict we'll come away frustrated that we only got a point.

I don't want him for the obvious reasons and connections but in reality he was always decent when given resources. But then, that's expected for a manager really. He always leaves on a very low note though, in England at least.

On the contrary in my opinion; his ability to spot talent is terrifyingly hit and miss, and Leicester have suffered greatly from Rodgers being given more freedom to bring his own recruitment team in over the past 2/3 seasons. He inherited a decent squad from Puel and walked into a club with really good infrastructure - if he took over at Everton a few years it'd be oil onto the bonfire given how bad our recruitment has been lately

Hi Lads, first time poster and 50 years West Ham fan . Just wanted to clarify (from experience of watching Moyes thru our European games).......what he will do on Sunday against Leeds. Take it from me, regardless of the result on Thursday night v AZ, he will play an extremely strong team v Leeds. If not his absolute strongest. It will be nothing like the one v Brentford. .....And to add to this, also a bit of positivity that you will not know about. The last home game of EVERY West Ham season is seen as a celebration, a big event ....so much so that in our last 24 (last home games of the season)...we have only ever lost 3. And just to point out that since Leeds got promoted to the PL , West Ham have really had their number.....Only losing once home or away. They are a team we really like to play....and the Allardyce style will actually help us, we also hate Allardyce too. But essentially the team picked will be very, very strong.....what I can't account for is the teams state of mind after Thurs......A win on Thurs will make Sunday a big celebration......and Leeds won't handle that. So, all the best and don't worry, we will try. Moyes does still like and admire Everton. And just to add, Moyes biggest success this season at WHU has been beating teams in and around us. His record in such games is excellent. Cheers all...and thanks for reading.
Is that you David 😏?

If WHU beat Leeds I will forgive them for throwing bricks at me during an FA Cup game at Upton Park in the 90's ;)

Where do you think its gone wrong for Moyesy this season mate? Do you want him to stay on?

From what I've read Leicester might have their own P&S worries. The sale of Maddison might not be enough to keep the wolf from the fox

Where do you think its gone wrong for Moyesy this season mate? Do you want him to stay on?

Really struggled to convert the team from a team that plays on the break....into a team that has more possession. So he has basically gone back to how we played over the past two seasons......and results have improved. So much is about confidence, with any team. And we have never had that feel of everything and everybody being on the top of their game. It's possibly just a transition season.....with new players just beginning to settle. I believe he had one, possibly two very low finishes with Everton before recovering to finish around 6th or 7th again.

I'm really 50/50. We may well achieve our 3rd successive season in Europe if we can win this cup,. ..it would be kind of Spursy to sack him......But he may walk away as those above him are planning to take away some of his involvement in transfers. So, we will see......

Really struggled to convert the team from a team that plays on the break....into a team that has more possession. So he has basically gone back to how we played over the past two seasons......and results have improved. So much is about confidence, with any team. And we have never had that feel of everything and everybody being on the top of their game. It's possibly just a transition season.....with new players just beginning to settle. I believe he had one, possibly two very low finishes with Everton before recovering to finish around 6th or 7th again.

I'm really 50/50. We may well achieve our 3rd successive season in Europe if we can win this cup,. ..it would be kind of Spursy to sack him......But he may walk away as those above him are planning to take away some of his involvement in transfers. So, we will see......
Don't worry you could always get Benitez to take the reins lol

Status
Not open for further replies.