Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

People writing off the Brighton game as no chance - the same Brighton that got beat by Forest a week or two ago?

If dyche gets the selection right and the work rate and tenacity that we showed last night is there we can do something.

I guarantee if we'd been beaten last minute last night the people on here today saying a point wasn't enough would have been saying a point would have kept us right in the fight.

We went to an away match and got more out of it than the vast majority thought we would. That is a good result in anyone's estimation.

If we do that a couple of more times we'll be over the line.

Absolutely spot on - I understand that there's a sense of frustration around the missed opportunity (many calling for the likes of Gray on and to be a bit more cavalier), but I think in the flurry of reactions, what's been lost is how bad last night could have been.

Folks need to keep things in perspective - if we had been beaten at their ground (especially after giving a goal up, and seeing our captain get stretchered off), morale would be obliterated and Leicester are suddenly flying. Instead, Leicester were beaten to nearly every ball on their own turf under the floodlights, and they won a point courtesy of goalkeeping heroics - just like Leeds the other week, they've lost their trump card; an "easy 3 points" against their relegation rivals at home. Imagine the mood on here if the roles were reversed?!

I think that's why Dyche was reluctant to make changes; an extra two points doesn't really change the narrative, we're still going into Wolves and Bournemouth needing 6 points; but if we get beat, 6 points from those fixtures probably isn't enough to keep us up given the GD. It made sense to be a little conservative with the substitutions (although we certainly weren't conservative on the ball) as a result in my opinion, as much as that will be absolute anathema to most Evertonians who wanted to risk it and be a bit more cavalier.

There's still plenty to play for - many Everton fans have already wrote us off against a Brighton side who have (1) the highest proportion of their goals conceded from set pieces (15!! of 34); and (2) we're quietly well set up under Dyche to defend against the way they play, see the Forest game for blueprint

Would you rather we keep it tight against Brighton and hopefully nick a point? Or go balls to the wall and play for all 3?

A point would be very handy, but he who dares and all that…

The issue is we can't afford to get turned over as GD maybe important.

Doesn’t exactly send a positive message to their players to sack the guy responsible for signing them all with four games to go. Think that’s one that could’ve waited til the summer.

that being said though, he also hired the managers right?
Could also be that he wasn't behind the idea of sacking the manager so quickly, which would make his position untenable

I don't think Big Sam is the Droid they're looking for
Guess they're just hoping for one bounce in one of the games
Hope City smack the hope right out of 'em

Dyche has a great record against us. Could never deal with the approach from Burnley. We were 1-3-4 against Burnley in the Premier League, and the win was the first one, so failed to beat them in 7.

6 points from your last two might be enough and it's possible.

Good luck lads, hope Forest and Leeds go.

Can see why people are writing it off mate, keano in from the start.

In all seriousness, they aren't city, we can deffo get something.
Yeah, the big one is Dyches team selection.

Brighton also play united on Thursday - huge game for them while we don’t play, and another 90mins in their legs, hopefully it helps us.

Absolutely spot on - I understand that there's a sense of frustration around the missed opportunity (many calling for the likes of Gray on and to be a bit more cavalier), but I think in the flurry of reactions, what's been lost is how bad last night could have been.

Folks need to keep things in perspective - if we had been beaten at their ground (especially after giving a goal up, and seeing our captain get stretchered off), morale would be obliterated and Leicester are suddenly flying. Instead, Leicester were beaten to nearly every ball on their own turf under the floodlights, and they won a point courtesy of goalkeeping heroics - just like Leeds the other week, they've lost their trump card; an "easy 3 points" against their relegation rivals at home. Imagine the mood on here if the roles were reversed?!

I think that's why Dyche was reluctant to make changes; an extra two points doesn't really change the narrative, we're still going into Wolves and Bournemouth needing 6 points; but if we get beat, 6 points from those fixtures probably isn't enough to keep us up given the GD. It made sense to be a little conservative with the substitutions (although we certainly weren't conservative on the ball) as a result in my opinion, as much as that will be absolute anathema to most Evertonians who wanted to risk it and be a bit more cavalier.

There's still plenty to play for - many Everton fans have already wrote us off against a Brighton side who have (1) the highest proportion of their goals conceded from set pieces (15!! of 34); and (2) we're quietly well set up under Dyche to defend against the way they play, see the Forest game for blueprint

The caveat to that Forest game example is Brighton were definitely feeling the effects of the cup loss and ET
They were the better team imo regardless and probably still should have won
It was also at the city ground
I'm not writing off the Brighton game but we are definitely heavy favourites to lose
Like the set piece stat though, something to hang our hats on for sure
Keane can't play though, they'll play him like a fidget spinner, be almost cruel to start him
game for coady this one

Status
Not open for further replies.