Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A draw against Leicester wouldn't actually be a bad result now that Forest have lost.
Maybe, depending on Leeds. But think we finally have to muster up the courage to admit that playing a bottom 3 side is our best (but not only) remaining chance of 3 points and stop kicking the can down the road. Not like we are racking the points up at Goodison.

B'mouth need to beat Leeds tomorrow. If they do then I can see a game each that Forest and Leeds can get points from (Forest: S'ton at home; Leeds: Spurs at home).

In all likelihood best case scenario for those two if Leeds get beat tomorrow is:

Leeds and Forest finish on 33 points.

If we can find a couple of wins from somewhere we could be in business. Make the first one Monday and I'd say we'll get the other from the remaining 4.

Defensively they've been very poor for about 18 months under Rodgers. 2 goals conceded in last two suggests there's more of an improvement so it's given a basis again for likes of Tielemans, Maddison and Barnes to influence things in final third.
The Smith record so far is 5 conceded.

Still time for a lot of you to get down to Superdrug before Monday to top up your stocks.

IMG_3272.jpeg

14/15 - Leicester City 2-2 Everton D
15/16 - Leicester City 3-1 Everton L
16/17 - Leicester City 0-2 Everton W
17/18 - Leicester City 2-0 Everton L
18/19 - Leicester City 1-2 Everton W
19/20 - Leicester City 2-1 Everton L
20/21 - Leicester City 0-2 Everton W
21/22 - Leicester City 1-2 Everton W

Our record against them away isn't too bad, and historically the result between the sides seem to have both teams scoring, either at their ground or ours. So 0-0 it's gonna be.

B'mouth need to beat Leeds tomorrow. If they do then I can see a game each that Forest and Leeds can get points from (Forest: S'ton at home; Leeds: Spurs at home).

In all likelihood best case scenario for those two if Leeds get beat tomorrow is:

Leeds and Forest finish on 33 points.

If we can find a couple of wins from somewhere we could be in business. Make the first one Monday and I'd say we'll get the other from the remaining 4.

difficult to predict Spurs now under Mason. There’s no way that team under Stellini comes back from 2 down to United. If Mason can just get those players happy they could completely turn around their form for a few games.

We play like we did at Forest and we can.

I know we’re getting trashed from all angles currently but was that Palace scoring another 4 today against a Moyes defence? How odd that the one game they were off it was against us when they barely got a sniff.

We could have beaten Spurs with 10 men, a goal down and a man down and we absolutely put our foot down and walloped them.

if we get anywhere near the levels we played against Chelsea Spurs Palace Forest Brentford at Leicester and it’s a difficult night for them no question.
If Leeds lose tomorrow then Everton and Leicester will surely go for the win. I think it'll be an open game.

We really do need to sort that RFB berth out though. Do that and we stand a good chance.

difficult to predict Spurs now under Mason. There’s no way that team under Stellini comes back from 2 down to United. If Mason can just get those players happy they could completely turn around their form for a few games.
Possibly so, yes. Probably the better opportunity Leeds have is away to West Ham...although West Ham have been picking up points there lately.

If Leeds lose tomorrow then Everton and Leicester will surely go for the win. I think it'll be an open game.

We really do need to sort that RFB berth out though. Do that and we stand a good chance.

Coleman hopefully back for Monday, massive boost for the entire team defensively and in terms of their spirit. Dyche’s best 11 all fit for the run in, do or die.

Status
Not open for further replies.