Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leicester are clearly not the team they were but they still have players who can step up and beat us. They did it at Goodison this season. We need a massive performance like last year.

If I were the Everton team and manager I'd see those last few minutes at Brentford as a starting pistol - who cares if Leicester have one or two players? They've picked up 5 points out of the last 33...that's how good they are.

Iheanacho out for the last 5 games for Leicester might prove decisive too.

We’ve taken a few hits recently with Docuoure’s suspension, Coleman and Onana injuries, DCL out for most of the season. Newcastle embarrassing us. I’m sure it’s been hilarious for everyone in and around us and the media.

Time for a few other teams to take the blows now. Johnson going down today for Forest and Danilo getting injured leaving them with 10 to lose the game is exactly the sort of thing that would have happened to us.

Would love it if we buried Leicester on Monday.

Didn't know that. Vardy looked motivated v Leeds but he's not the same force these days.

Tielemans back is a worry though as he could just lash one in from 25 yards again.

I can't see Leicester going down when you look at the rabble around them, they have too much quality in most areas now they're more organised.

Forest losing does change the dynamics slightly in that a draw will be o.k on Monday (as long as Leeds don't win at Bournemouth....).
Vardy cant last 90 minutes.

Dont over rate Leicester. The truth is, like us, they are not very good. At all.

Really? I think we have to accept that in all likelihood we will lose to Brighton and city. So a point really enough??

4 points needed off Wolves-Bournemouth. Hope Forest beat Southampton but lose all the other games which looks reasonably feasible so they'll also be on 33 points but poorer GD.

Then it's a case of can Leeds get to 34 points. That's not certain either given their run in.

We’ve taken a few hits recently with Docuoure’s suspension, Coleman and Onana injuries, DCL out for most of the season. Newcastle embarrassing us. I’m sure it’s been hilarious for everyone in and around us and the media.

Time for a few other teams to take the blows now. Johnson going down today for Forest and Danilo getting injured leaving them with 10 to lose the game is exactly the sort of thing that would have happened to us.

Would love it if we buried Leicester on Monday.
If we did suddenly everything changes.

Vardy cant last 90 minutes.

Dont over rate Leicester. The truth is, like us, they are not very good. At all.

Defensively they've been very poor for about 18 months under Rodgers. 2 goals conceded in last two suggests there's more of an improvement so it's given a basis again for likes of Tielemans, Maddison and Barnes to influence things in final third.

I suppose it’s fair enough some are still clinging onto the slither of hope left.

It’s bizarre though. The last two home games the players have just surrendered. Only
McNeil scores. The fans arnt dragging this lot over the line that’s clear. So it’s up the worst group of players ever assembled and an inept safety first manager to get us 8 points from 5 games. Two of which are away to Brighton and home to City.

This part of the season is different as mid table teams like Palace and Chelsea will have reduced motivation
I think Fat Frank is fighting for his career here, he won't let them get turned over at home to Forest.
And maybe Palace will take foot off now theyve hit 40pts but you'd want to push and finish as high as possible now they are on a great run of form.

If we did suddenly everything changes.

We play like we did at Forest and we can.

I know we’re getting trashed from all angles currently but was that Palace scoring another 4 today against a Moyes defence? How odd that the one game they were off it was against us when they barely got a sniff.

We could have beaten Spurs with 10 men, a goal down and a man down and we absolutely put our foot down and walloped them.

if we get anywhere near the levels we played against Chelsea Spurs Palace Forest Brentford at Leicester and it’s a difficult night for them no question.

I suppose it’s fair enough some are still clinging onto the slither of hope left.

It’s bizarre though. The last two home games the players have just surrendered. Only
McNeil scores. The fans arnt dragging this lot over the line that’s clear. So it’s up the worst group of players ever assembled and an inept safety first manager to get us 8 points from 5 games. Two of which are away to Brighton and home to City.
6pts will need to be enough, this side ain't getting nowhere near 36.

Another lifeline…as ever the problem for us will be scoring a goal/s and winning a game. There are poor teams in this league that have given us lifelines.

We need to beat Leicester. Can argue till the cows come home about forest not picking up enough points, Leicester actually being a bad team regardless of a few fine players and leeds being in free fall under Garcia.

Ultimately they are all ahead of us - draws won’t cut it now. Need to win games. Dyche needs to figure out a way to create chances as we don’t look like scoring really.

Status
Not open for further replies.