Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's all about our attitude.

Hopefully that news of a potential punsihment for next season hasn't impacted on the squad.

If we win this one against Spurs I'd at that point venture to say we'll get safe. 29 points with a reasonable last nine games to pick up 7 or 8 points from is a target well within reach.

The players will know that.

It will be a huge boost and yes once you're on 29-30 points survival doesn't really feel that far away.

It's strange to say a home game v 4th is a must win and a draw isn't a terrible result but then lose at Old Trafford and a few teams below pick up points and suddenly the pressure is piled on big time for Fulham at home given the next two homes after are Newcastle and Man. City and no guarantee of picking up any points from those two.

This time next week will give a better indication on relegation battle as by then Bournemouth will have played two home games and also Palace-Leicester, West Ham-Southampton and Forest-Leeds taking place.

It will be a huge boost and yes once you're on 29-30 points survival doesn't really feel that far away.

It's strange to say a home game v 4th is a must win and a draw isn't a terrible result but then lose at Old Trafford and a few teams below pick up points and suddenly the pressure is piled on big time for Fulham at home given the next two homes after are Newcastle and Man. City and no guarantee of picking up any points from those two.

This time next week will give a better indication on relegation battle as by then Bournemouth will have played two home games and also Palace-Leicester, West Ham-Southampton and Forest-Leeds taking place.
I think you need to understand we will definitely lose some games at any point in the run in .
Our focus has to be we will also pick up enough points to stay up.

Of course we would want them points sooner rather than later but it never pans out that way.

Everyone, including myself and @davek seem to have an optimistic attitude about these upcoming games. With Everton there is always that back-of-the-mind fear though that this is where the rug gets pulled from underneath us. It is the one thing I dont like about being a Toffee.
If one thing is certain over everything else, Everton will let you down…

I dont see the game against Spurs as being anything other than an uphill battle. They should rightly be favourites. They have Kane and Son and they'll be a handful for any team. If we manage to beat them then I'm certain we'll stay up.

Those 6-pointers between the teams around us will start to work in our favour now if we can bank 6 points from the next three games. If we do that we'll be a victory away from getting over the line. I'm convinced there'll be at least two of the nine in this relegation battle that will struggle badly to breakthrough the 30 point mark. So if we can smash through it in the next three fixtures we'll be almost home and dry.

So our record shirt sponsor is about to be banned, we're bleeding 110 million a season and we could even go down. We need to make about 50 million in profit with player sales to keep our heads above water. Other than Onana who could we even sell.

This is my prediction of the table after Monday night
Screenshot_20230331-033535_Chrome.jpg

I think we'll be 17th after tomorrow's games. A great chance on Monday though to pile the pressure back on any teams that pick up points tomorrow, even though I'm thinking we may draw the game.

Anyone care to explain whether it would be best for many draws during these 6 pointers, or for a couple of teams to go on a run and ensure defeats for the others.

Gut feeling is that I would like draws but sure this wouldn't be the best scenario?

For example, Palace v Leicester, Forest vs Wolves and West Ham vs Southampton.

I would like all draws, but then should we be hoping for Leicester, Wolves and West Ham wins? all tams which are 'likely' strong enough to stay up?

This is my prediction of the table after Monday night
View attachment 207657

Anyone care to explain whether it would be best for many draws during these 6 pointers, or for a couple of teams to go on a run and ensure defeats for the others.

Gut feeling is that I would like draws but sure this wouldn't be the best scenario?

For example, Palace v Leicester, Forest vs Wolves and West Ham vs Southampton.

I would like all draws, but then should we be hoping for Leicester, Wolves and West Ham wins? all tams which are 'likely' strong enough to stay up?

If we're on 29 points after the Spurs game, having just got 4 from 6 from Chelsea/Spurs, I dont think we need to worry too much about what others are doing. We'll be fine.

The players surely know this game on Monday is the doorway to survival they can walk through and get the job almost done. I expect us to bide our time against Spurs and not leave too much space for Son and Kane to exploit, but when we do get the chance we'll see plenty of bodies in their 18 yard box to get a vital goal or two.

They have every opportunity to get almost safe on Monday and I expect a massive effort to take it.

Categories, all about that for me.

Should be beat Spurs? Probably not, but can we? Yes, 100% just like anyone under the Goodison lights.

The games against United, City & Brighton concern me a lot more than Spurs. Doesn’t mean it’s not a hard game.

Need to pluck a win from one of the three “easier” aways we’ve got coming up in Leicester, Palace and Wolves.

Should be beat Spurs? Probably not, but can we? Yes, 100% just like anyone under the Goodison lights.

The games against United, City & Brighton concern me a lot more than Spurs. Doesn’t mean it’s not a hard game.

Need to pluck a win from one of the three “easier” aways we’ve got coming up in Leicester, Palace and Wolves.
It’s a strange one because you never know how anything is going to play out. my hope tho is We beat spurs Monday. Get a point at United then we go in to the Fulham game knowing if we win that we are on the cusp of survival with 7 game’s remaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.