2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all just media narrative really. They'd hate to give credit to Dyche as a manager without it being some backhanded compliment as if he's some football dinosaur. If anyone has actually heard him speak on tactics or just in general you can see what an intelligent, insightful and articulate man he is. Was chatting to someone the other week and they thought I was mad to act like he was a "footballing" manager, classic case of a book being judged by it's cover and quite frankly I'm rather happy about it because some of the more "fashionable" teams that have sacked managers absolutely missed a trick in not getting him in earlier than us.

I would say out of all the managers that have been sacked and replaced this season only ourselves and Villa with Emery have gotten huge upgrades, everyone else has swapped managers for slight upgrades, or even downgrades in the case of Southampton and most likely Palace along with Leicester and West Ham when they inevitably sack their managers too.
I'd say Leeds have an upgrade but that is more to do with how bad lasso was. They would love to have been able to hire Dyche

The constant encouragement and vocal direction for work ethic is what is needed from this team not some fella standing there silent hoping tactically something goes to plan he kicks every ball on that touch line good to see the passion he has for the job

Interesting stat I just saw off of the club site, apparently since Dyche has come in we are 5th in the league in expected goals. We have had bad luck or bad misses, but its not just been the defensive side clearly.

I get the impression he is made up to be here,I also believe he backs himself to the hilt. Feels like leader
Also get the sense that he doesn't care for "bigger" jobs to come, he wants to do his best here to get Everton as high as possible and kick on, not leave. That was a fatal flaw of Koeman especially but also you'd feel it with Moyes, Martinez, Silva and Ancelotti too, Everton was merely a stepping stone. I would say the only job that would tempt him out of Everton that he'd get would probably be England.

Think he's most certainly with us for the long haul which might finally bring some stability to this club.

'The Beautiful Game' was a soundbite that caught on. It also ignored aspects such as great tackles, hard fought duels and sheer graft. Important and exciting aspects of the game. It is a soundbite that far from captures what a real game of football is. You are right, if we had a firing CF with this lot we would be much higher up the table already. He is doing a great job.
The real version of 'The Beautiful Game' is forward thinking, sheer intensity, and walking away with a smile on your face with what you just witnessed.

Now I'm not a stat man, but having seen recently how long a football is actually in play nowadays, add a slow paced passing counter attack to that.

Is that really a beautiful game ?
( Maybe a beautiful clip for the highlight's reel )

Now I'm not a stat man, but having seen recently how long a football is actually in play nowadays, add a slow paced passing counter attack to that.

Is that really a beautiful game ?
( Maybe a beautiful clip for the highlight's reel )
Winds me up how long it takes to take a throw in nowadays and free kicks take forever with the player posturising like he is going for a try.

Interesting stat I just saw off of the club site, apparently since Dyche has come in we are 5th in the league in expected goals. We have had bad luck or bad misses, but its not just been the defensive side clearly.

It was "impossible" to adapt this team and get chances and goals from them...I was told when I put it forward a few weeks back.

The Death Cult knows best. :coffee:

That's true, but we are 4th worst for expected goals against

That's true, but we are 4th worst for expected goals against
That’s because we are playing a load of grocks at the back and allowing teams to swing in crosses because we back ourselves. We also crowd out the area, reducing the sight of goal. There was one of the highlights vs Chelsea when we had about 7 players in our box running out in like a V formation so there was zero sight on goal for the shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.