2022/23 Kevin Thelwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has to be held accountable along with this inept board. Preparation and lining up talent isn't his or their strong suit. Any way throwing money to the wind isn't the right answer either.
What have we become?

Wow just read he has made 26 appointments to backroom roles, not including coaching staff. All part of his 120 point plan.

So 26 signings off the pitch and ZERO on the pitch. Unbelievable.

Suspicion is he is one of those bosses who like meaningless manager speak.. "harnessing synergies" and "aligning values" etc. Exactly the kind of nonsense that would appeal to our clueless owner. Hope I am wrong.

Wow just read he has made 26 appointments to backroom roles, not including coaching staff. All part of his 120 point plan.

Suspicion is he is one of those bosses who like meaningless manager speak.. "harnessing synergies" and "aligning values" etc. Exactly the kind of nonsense that would appeal to our clueless owner. Hope I am wrong.

26 appointments and not one of them was a Head of Recruitment.

12 months into a job, 26 appointments, 2 transfer windows done and the most important appointment he needed to make he hasn't done it yet.

Must have been point 27 on his 120 point bullshit plan

He's probably a decent judge of a player. The evidence suggests however he hasn't a clue how to finalise a transfer because the only deals he got over the lines involving fees were for McNeil and Maupay, and their clubs wanted rid of them.

We also spent weeks on end with the nonsensical pursuit of Idrissa Gueye when we desperately needed a centre forward.

My instinct is that he has been promoted well above his level

Organised clubs with decent technical directors have players lined up the second a big money sale is completed. Kevin Thelwell waits instead to deadline day (or at least the final week) before we chaotically start throwing darts at the board and hope one hits the bullseye
I agree though again on the waiting the issue is that he is requiring sign off from above, and those people above him are incompetent.

Apparently it takes weeks to get agreement from Kenwright and then Moshiri.

So it's just all wrong. He's cleary not a strong enough character to push through it and that's why he was hired.

Wouldn’t believe anything they say tbh
They aren't liars whatever you want to think.

Their editors made a mistake and Greg (Paddy wasn't even working!) should have made that clearer sooner.

They had too much faith in the club, that's for sure, with the second piece they wrote after the S'ton game.

I agree though again on the waiting the issue is that he is requiring sign off from above, and those people above him are incompetent.

Apparently it takes weeks to get agreement from Kenwright and then Moshiri.

So it's just all wrong. He's cleary not a strong enough character to push through it and that's why he was hired.
Yet another example of why the DOF system will never work under Moshiri

This is a bit of tangent but does Moshiri stillactually think he knows football? Surely he cant still think he can make these calls

…he said he’s a ‘Line Manager’. He doesn’t know anything, he employs people he hopes does.

Dreadful appointment, talks the talk.

They aren't liars whatever you want to think.

Their editors made a mistake and Greg (Paddy wasn't even working!) should have made that clearer sooner.

They had too much faith in the club, that's for sure, with the second piece they wrote after the S'ton game.
They were played because they got excited about a big story and were happy to besmirch an entire fanbase with zero due diligence in pursuit of clicks . No questions , no follow up , no double sourcing just rubbishing scousers at the behest of those in authority to sell their brand . When initially challenged there was no Mea culpa They doubled down before painting themselves as the victims .

An entire fanbase was pilloried throughout National and international media and they were front and centre . Pardon me if I’m not to upset for Greg & poor old paddy

Status
Not open for further replies.